Anyone that can help i would appreciate it =]

Options
So i was on the herbalife diet but made up my mind that i was done my stomach is weak and all the milk has been killing my belly and causing severe acid reflux so im gonna go back to just eating normal healthy low cal food my cal count is 1200 and im not so good with all the good foods out there that are low cal and filling and easy to make since my food is cooked seperate from my husband and kids...so does anyone have any good ideas that are fast and easy for breakfast lunch and dinner including snacks ...i do NOT like fish or anything thing like that....any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Replies

• jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Visit the recipe forum-lots of great ideas! Also, take your favorites and look for ways to cut calories-using fat free or light products, instead. Just play with your food, try new things, new ways of preparing it, etc! :smile:

Another thing that will help, is to prepare your food for EVERYONE, not just you. My husband was the only one that really noticed at first (the kids were oblivious) and after a couple of weeks he found that it wasn't so bad and *gasp* he was feeling better too! Besides the more you single yourself out, the harder you will make it on you.

Good luck!
  • mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is egg white omlets for me. I stuff them with a very small amount of low fat cheese, spinach and mushrooms.
    Lunch I usually have a salad or tuna but since you don't like fish just do a nice big salad with chicken and lots of veggies. Maybe chicken salad. (I roast up a whole chicken once a week so I always have chicken on hand).
    Dinner. I eat what everyone else eats I just try to make sure I make it as healthy as possible and portion control. I enjoy eating dinner with my family so I try to keep my early day cals low because I know my dinner is a bit higher. If we are having BBQ chicken that night I'll make a large salad and eat that first and then have a small serving of BBQ chicken.
    Snacks for me are veggies, fruit, oat bars (homemade) or a green smoothie.

Don't try to segregate yourself too much from what your family eats. Ive found that when I do that I start to get off track. Plus you will end up eating this way forever so you might as well be happy with what you eat :). Just try to cook leaner. My dh isn't on board with everything I eat but I cook our family meals much leaner and he doesn't seem to even notice haha.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I usually try to do meals that are around 300 calories so that I can have a couple of snacks during the day... Warning - if you are watching your sodium, my ideas aren't that great.

For breakfast I make my own egg mcmuffin - Viliage Hearth light english muffin, 1 slice Oscar Mayer canadian bacon, 1 wedge Laughing Cow light cheese, and a Timber Ridge Farms egg patty. The egg patties I find at my local Walmart. The whole thng is right arround 300 calories and the protien in the eggs and ham help keep me full most of the morning.

Lunch - I ususally do a soup and sandwich. Progresso has light soups that are low calorie and their chicken and dumpling is REALLY good. Sandwich is made with light bread, three slices of oscar mayer ham or turkey, and instead of butter I use the Laughing Cow cheese wedges. Again soup and sandwich is around 300 calories.

Supper - I try to do some kind of meat and a veggie. My walmart has some Bistro Sensations chicken sausages in their meat dept that I really like - Spinach and Mozarella (you can't really taste the spinach) and a roasted red pepper and asiagio cheese are my favorites. A link about the size of a bratwurst ony has 140 calories. Pair that with some green beans or broccoli and dinner roll and you are again right at about 300 caloires.

Also, with this site you get to eat back any calories you burn exercising. I find that when getting to eat more is the reward for going to the gym it is easier for me to talk myself into it. A quick 30 minute walk may only burn 200 calories but an extra 200 calories is often just what I need to keep myslef within my calorie allowance for the day.
  • AlmaMC
    AlmaMC Posts: 7
    Options
    Check out http://www.hungry-girl.com/

Hungry Girl has healthy versions for almost anything, and she has some great finds in grocery stores for snacks and desserts. For example, she has a great recipe for onion rings that is just 150 calories (serving 12 rings), and they are normally over 500 at the restaurants (you get less). She has recipe for Alfredo pasta that's less than 100 calories, and you are stuffed after it. That is just a few examples. All recipes are quick and easy. I love her recipes and use them all the time. Sometimes, she uses some weired ingredients, but you just have to try it. You will like it.

She also has a cooking show on the cooking channel.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!