anyone with any ideas?

Options
So i was on the herbalife diet but made up my mind that i was done my stomach is weak and all the milk has been killing my belly and causing severe acid reflux so im gonna go back to just eating normal healthy low cal food my cal count is 1200 and im not so good with all the good foods out there that are low cal and filling and easy to make since my food is cooked seperate from my husband and kids...so does anyone have any good ideas that are fast and easy for breakfast lunch and dinner including snacks ...i do NOT like fish or anything thing like that....any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Replies

• cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Easy breakfast that I make is Egg Whites mixed with Boca Crumbles and frozen pepper strips. Put into a microwavable bowl sprayed with Pam and microwave maybe 3-4 minutes. Then top with lowfat shredded colby jack cheese. I make this every morning before I leave for work at 6:30 am. Add whatever spices you want to it to taste. Usually have 4 or 5 grilled boneless chicken breasts in the refrigerator so I might sub 4 oz chicken instead of BOCA for a change up. good luck
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit for breakfast is what I eat almost every day...eggs...whole wheat toast, a tbs of pb..high fiber, low sugar cereal (Kashi)

I don't have my own place and don't have a family, so I frequently eat Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice meals. I like the taste, they are low cal, portion controlled, and usually just about $2-3. I also like whole wheat bread, deli turkey, pepper jack cheese, and roasted red pepper hummus (which is also good with veggies)

Take a look at skinnytaste.com for some good, lower cal recipes
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    fruit, salad (or just veggies), yogurt, cottage cheese, you could dip veggies in hummus, raisins. I don't have specific meals for you, am struggling with that myself
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    "i do NOT like fish or anything thing like that"
    What does that mean?

"low-cal" and filling? What exactly are you looking for? You want someone to create a whole menu for you?
    LOL, don't we all...
  • Nichole90
    Nichole90 Posts: 118
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    why would you cook separate from your husband and kids.. you can make foods that are healthy and taste good for the entire family. If you choose to cook separate you will be more likely to quit.
    www.skinnytaste.com is a great website to start with and also http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/home.asp.

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I eat egg whites with black beans and salsa almost every morning, lunch I love turkey wrapped in lettuce and cucumbers with hummus, dinner is usually chicken breasts, salad or steam veggies and quinoa. My favorite this week has been 2 cups steamed brocolli with 1/2 c cooked quinoa and 1/2 tblsp low sodium soy sauce.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Breakfast~Mushroom Cheddar Scramble 1c egg whites, 1/4c diced onions, 1/2c diced mushrooms and 1oz low fat shredded cheddar cheese. Sautee onions and mushrooms till soft (I use just a little cooking spray to keep everything from sticking) add in egg whites and cheese and cook till done.
    Open face Egg Sandwich~1/2 of a Whole Grain Muffin (bottom), 1 whole Egg fried (use just a little cooking spray to keep it from sticking and a tiny bit of water to help set the yolk), 1 piese of 2% Cheese.
    Cottage Cheese & Pineapple~3/4c 1% Cottage Cheese mixed with 1/2c crushed Pineapple in 100% juice.
    EAS Protein Shakes (CarbControl) with a piece of fruit.
    All of these breakfast are right around 200 calories.

Chicken Salad Pita~1 12.5oz can of Chicken (all white meat 97-98% fat free), 4TBSP light mayo, 1 1/2c diced apples, 1/4c Slivered Almonds all mixed together, Makes 4 4oz servings. Serve on Whole Wheat Pita with 13 Special K Cracker Chips and a Low fat String Cheese.
    Leftovers from the night before, as long as the meal was healthy.
    Lunch calories are around 400.

Dinner~I do alot of Grilled Chicken & Pork Chops (4oz). My sides are usually 1 starchy vegetable (corn, potato, sweet potato, green peas) and I fill the rest of my plate w/ veggies Zucchini, squash, carrots, a salad, ect.
    Dinner is around 400 calories

Snacks~1/2oz of Almonds, 1/4c Edamame, 1c of Skim Milk, 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese and Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Mini Rice Cakes, or Celery w/ 1TBSP Peanut Butter.
    2 Snacks a day (usually between breakfast and lunch and again between lunch and dinner) 100 calories a snack.

Hope you can pick some ideas from here, feel free to add me to see my diary.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    breakfast- hard boiled eggs.
    or eggwhite omelette lotsa veggies half a slice of bread.

snack- fruit. or crackers, i dont know lol

lunch- chicken breast with a huge salad and some rice

snack- salad?
    fruit?
    yogurt?

dinner- veggie burrito with beans homemade salsa on low carb tortilla
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A couple of quick and easy favourites (that the family will love too):

Bean feast - Chop onion, garlic (to taste) and any other veg you may have that's easy to shallow fry (peppers, mushroom and zucchini work well but you don't need to add these). Shallow fry until soft. Add 1 tea spoon of chilli, some paprika and cumin (to taste). Add a can of chopped tomatoes and 2-3 cans of any type of bean (butter beans, kidney beans, haricot, cannelloni, etc). Finish with some tomato puree and mixed herbs. Serve with low fat natural yoghurt.

Ice cream - Chop banana, freeze. Once frozen blend in a food processor. You can eat it like this or add some other frozen fruit before blending (raspberry and strawberry work well and add flavour). You can also refreeze once blended and it will take on more of a scoopable ice-cream consistency (so you could pop it on a cone). I also sometimes add protein powder and a splash of coconut milk for a post w/o snack.

Enjoy!