Newlywed, happy weight?

Options
I just got married three months ago and have gained 8 lbs since my wedding day. I must be very happy :) But seriously, I'd like to shed some unnecessary pounds (20 or so). I'm a tall athletic girl who loves sports but also has a husband who doesn't eat vegetables and eats pizza every week (not that I mind, I love pizza!).

I look forward to the support and camaraderie that MFP offers. Let's do this!!

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    congrats on your wedding:) and welcome aboard. the support here is great. you could do this. just take it one day at a time. if u want a buddy, u could add me
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just got married 5 months ago. I found a new found love for fitness and nutrition before the wedding. My husband barely eats veggied and I have never seen him eat fruit. He also enjoys a pizza or a whole box of mac n cheese at least once a week each! I am going to add you for the extra support and push! Us "better halves" will be the healthy ones :)
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    DO NOT fall into I can eat what he eats. Please, I beg you, fix what you eat. Men will eat anything you put in front if them especially if they don't have to cook it. I did that and now I am 50lb over weight.
    I got preggers,he went to training, then we moved, then we had the baby. It was nine months of eating burgers and pizza. And eight years later with 2 more kids I am here to tell you change NOW!

Oh and Congratulations on your marriage you sound very happy.:flowerforyou:
  • schlabetsy
    Options
    This is my fear! I'll see how your strategy works. If I cook it he'll eat it right? That's how it worked when I was a kid. You ate what Mom put on the table. No arguments.

Thanks for your support everyone!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have the same concerns as all of you. I lost about 16 pounds for my June 18th wedding, but in the last two months I feel like I've gained it back and then some. Although I try to cook healthy, my husband complains that lowfat foods simply don't taste as good. He also is a picky eater and rarely ever eats vegetables. I feel bad when I cook him a meal that he doesn't like or just refuses to eat. He is also complaining about his growing waistline, although I love him no matter what!:-) Additional advice to couples like me would be fantastic!

Shannon