Options
Hello all my name is Rashida I am new to this site but not new to dieting of course over the last 10 years i have been off and on diets always failing to stick with it. This time i have to lose weight my doc gave me a bad reports my levels are to high. All the help, advice u can give would be greatly appreciated. O and support & encouragment I need it all!!1

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hello all my name is Rashida I am new to this site but not new to dieting of course over the last 10 years i have been off and on diets always failing to stick with it. This time i have to lose weight my doc gave me a bad reports my levels are to high. All the help, advice u can give would be greatly appreciated. O and support & encouragment I need it all!!1

Welcome to MFP! My advice to get you started is to not think of this as a diet... but a change in lifestyle. Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time and one pound at a time. Start by replacing one canned, packaged or processed food item with a fresh and healthy alternative. Over time, your whole day will be filled with nutrient-rich, wholesome and healthy meals! Try to cut out all sodas or carbonated beverages. It's amazing how much weight you can lose in the beginning when you "drop the pop". Good luck to you!
  • rah9306
    rah9306 Posts: 27
    Options
    I havent had soda pop for 4 weeks and I'm surprised I am not missing it!!! I also cut out fried foods 4 weeks ago too and I don't miss that either. Now I need to start adding breakfast fruit and veggies. I can already see a small difference in my wardorbe :) Thanks for the support
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I havent had soda pop for 4 weeks and I'm surprised I am not missing it!!! I also cut out fried foods 4 weeks ago too and I don't miss that either. Now I need to start adding breakfast fruit and veggies. I can already see a small difference in my wardorbe :) Thanks for the support

Wonderful start!!! Feel free to send me a friend request for ongoing support. I keep my food diary open to MFP friends and breakfast is my most favorite meal of the day!