Popcorn snack messing me up?

Options
2»

Replies

• thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Get an air popper and only use on tablespoon of olive oil when it's done.

That's about 220 calories, which is doable. Just be sure you have all of your proper nutrition for the day beforehand. As mentioned protein is important.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    "They say" to eat back your exercise calories - well not everyone does! Some people do, some don't.

If you still have a good bit of weight to lose, then you don't need to worry about eating back every last exercise calorie.

Walking is great - but it's not really a cardio or strength workout, if it was then you WOULD need to make sure you're taking in protein afterwards.

Well done on your progress so far - keep it going!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The main thing I thought when I read your post has already been said, that you're feeding your body fat and carbs after a workout, which isn't what you want to do. You want lean protein, with a few carbs and little to no fat post workout. Also, if you're just walking, you probably don't even need a post workout protein meal/drink since you aren't breaking down muscles to the point where you need additional protein to rebuild the muscles.

Also, someone noted that you are getting 120 calories from the oil, which is correct...per tablespoon. You're using two tablespoons, so you're getting 240 calories from the olive oil alone, then the popcorn on top of that.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am making popcorn without oil. I put a quarter of a cup of popcorn in a paper back, fold the top over and microwave on high for about 4 minutes. Makes great popcorn then you can buy spray no-cal butter, I think, if you need it.

I do this sometimes also. It works great!
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I would invest in an air popper or some light microwave bags. Database is showing Olive oil at 239 per every 2 TBLS. So that plus the cals from the popcorn... I could see where that is really adding up for you. I don't think its bad that you're eating the popcorn, I just think you need a better way to make it. Good luck!