Will you take at my food diary please?

Options
I have been logging my food intake for 20 straight days now. + a week before that.
I have lost 6 lbs up until last weekend I think. I gained 2-4 of it back. I am slowly losing 2 of the 4 lbs again but I am curious if there is anything I need to adjust in my food intake: increase or decrease something.

I do drink water and still in the process of loving it again. But most times I just forget to log it.

Thanks for looking.

Replies

• Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Are you also measuring yourself? I'll take a look at your diary too but make sure you keep track of your measurements along with your weight.
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I only measured once. I haven't measured since... yet.
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    So this should all be taken as MY opinion only because I am no expert...

My first suggestion is to eat more. I only flipped back about a week and saw you having more than 600 calories left multiple times. From my personal experience, when I first started last August I plateaued after dropped 9 pounds for about two or three months because I was working out too hard and not eating enough. So my body was hanging on to everything that it had and I wasn't losing. Then after someone told me that I wasn't eating enough I tried eating more and it took a little bit of time, but then I started losing consistently again.

If you really aren't hungry, then don't eat more. Maybe just try to eat more high calorie foods. Like your bread. I eat Arnold 100% wheat bread because its more filling. It's 110 calories per slice, but I feel like the ingredients are sooo much healthier for you. For starters, it's the only bread in the regular bread isle that I've found doesn't have "enriched" or "bleached" wheat flour.

I didn't look at your sugar either (not even sure if you have it set up to list it on your diary) but staying within the sugar range that it suggests can be helpful. I ALWAYS go over. It's hard, especially if you eat fruit. but it really is an eye opener to how much refined processed sugars we put into our bodies.

Also, natural peanut butter (I use Smucker's brand) is high calorie and low in sugar - so that could be helpful to get in more calories!

Hope this helped!
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have you measured your body fat %? When you first start dieting and working out your body composition changes (you lose fat but gain muscle). As muscle weighs more than fat but is denser you can find that the scale doesn't change but that your shape does. I also started about 20 days back and haven't lost much in the way of weight but I have seen 3 inches come off my waist and a 2% drop in body fat. My arms and legs look more toned already to.