Must be meant to be!

Options
wcasie
wcasie Posts: 299 Member
I am an RN who has struggled forever with my weight. I decided that I was going to be better to myself in my 30s than I was in my 20s, I see diabetic (which I am) patients in their 50s coming to the hospital who are in such bad shape and weigh they have lost limbs and can no longer walk. That is not going to be me!!! I was talking to a male nurse friend of mine who struggles with his weight as well and he told me about this app on his phone for my fitness pal. He gave me the low down and I thought it seemed pretty cool and I told him I would check it out. Not even 20 minutes later, was talking to another co-worker of mine about my struggles and she said, "I have this app for my phone called my fitness pal! It is sooooo awesome! you gotta try it!" 2 endorsements in 20 minutes was enough for me! I downloaded it right away and have been using it for 5 days now. I haven't weighed in yet. I am not really in a hurry. If... not if... when I beat the mental game food and I play the weight will come off. I need to learn to take it a meal at a time and not blow off the rest of the day because I make a mistake. This time is different! I have always been the me I want to be... but soon my physical body will match it!!