Hi...newbie

Options
:smile:

Hi everyone

I happened to stumble across this website and it seems great! I am 41 years old, 5'2" and have struggled for years to be my "ideal" weight (whatever that is..lol) I decided to take a different approach this time and really try hard to make a healthy lifestyle change and if the weight comes off....bonus! I weigh 169 lbs as of today. For the first time in my life, I joined a gym two weeks ago. I have gone to two cardio classes per week (Zumba) and decided I would invest in a personal trainer twice a week. Can I really afford it....no, but I think that I can't really afford not to, so I am willing to make that investment in myself. As a mom to two teens, I am always focused on them (and rightfully so) but I think some of that focus needs to be on me. It's like when you go on a plane...the flight attendents during the safety demos always say, "Always place the oxygen mask on yourself before you assist others" I know that if I don't affix my oxygen mask and take care of myself, I can't be of any use to anyone else, kids, work, etc. So... I am going to bet on myself for once :smile: It won't be easy, but I want my 40s + to be awesome!

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• jparsons27
    Options
    Glad you are! I have found this website and the people to be a wonderful uplifting part of my day!

You're gonna do great!

Jane
  • swisher87
    swisher87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! i seen this and wanted to let you know that i started using this site 3 weeks ago and have gotten so far. I have lost 12lbs since. It s very easy to follow and fun for me as i hope it will be for you :-) i have been sucesful and i hope you can be as well. Sincerly One Newbie To Another lol Have a nice day :-)
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Having a personal trainer is great. I'm so glad I spend the money on mine and it's made a huge change to my confidence and fitness in the gym. I do stuff with him that I never would have tried on my own and we do stuff like boxing that I CAN'T do on my own. Hope you do really well - I'm sure you will as you are off to a good start :bigsmile: