Noodle Help!

Options
Maybe I'm making this harder than it should be, but I am cooking whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles. Per serving, it calls for 2 ounces. I weighed it out perfectly, but to me, it seemed like it was more than it should be. Now that it's cooked, it looks like it's WAY more than it should be. Any suggestions? Did I calculate wrong? How much cooked noodles should be one serving?

Replies

• tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would love to know this, too. Is the weight precooked or post cooked? It seems like cooked noodles would weight a lot more than dry.

What about fresh, homemade pasta? Is that less of a serving because it wasn't freeze dried / processed?
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The box says two ounces of dry pasta. I went with that.
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think it's about 1 cup cooked.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    2 oz is around 60 grams. I'd go for anything between 50 and 90g gram as a portion size (for pasta shapes, a good handful.)

My packets of pasta (UK) say that 75g uncooked is about 170g cooked. But the nutritional info will be the same, of course.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    2 ounce dry is correct and in general when cooked will he one cup cooked some noodles will actually be more, but one cup for spaghetti :)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    2 oz is around 60 grams. I'd go for anything between 50 and 90g gram as a portion size (for pasta shapes, a good handful.)

My packets of pasta (UK) say that 75g uncooked is about 170g cooked. But the nutritional info will be the same, of course.

I wish they would put the cooked weight on the package as well in the US as well.