Batteling the inner negativity

Options
Hello!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend, I wanted to share something with you all that tends to hit home for me.

THE BATTLE OF THE INNER VOICES:
There are two "voices" in my head almost constantly, that generally sound something like this:
Voice 1: (full of negativity & doubt) "you can't do that.... you will never be good enough... (this voice is always running its mouth)
you will never amount to anything.... you arent pretty enough...skinny enough... athletic enough..smart enough or rich enough.
& you are certainly not talented enough to become rich enough"

Then there is voice 2: generally a much quieter voice, that sits back most of the time, minding its own business until its finally had enough.
this voice gets up & tells Voice #1 "SHUT THE HELL UP, before I smack those bitter lips right off your face!"

I Love that second voice, Its my salvation.

MORAL of this story, YOU MUST PROTECT YOURSELF, FROM YOURSELF BY YOURSELF. You might need to listen a little harder to that second voice.

There is an old Indian story, about an old chief talking to his grandson, Warning him that in all people there are two wolves
who are constantly fighting, One is mean & evil, full of hatred, doubt, self loathing, with a rotten soul. the other is Good & kind with a pure soul. The young boy asks him well which one wins the fight?
To which the old Chief replies " The one you feed the most"

So my friends, feed the good voice listen to the quiet voice that says YES I CAN! It may not be as loud as the bullying voice that cuts down your self confidence, but like all bullies, if you stand up to them, & show them you arent afraid of them, they tend to get quieter & eventually go away. Surround yourself with positive people & positive thoughts Nourish the wolves that fight the good fight for you :-)

Replies

• pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you! I really needed to read that at the moment xxx
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Bump

Thanks - what an inspiring and uplifting post. I needed it after gaining 5lbs for no apparent reason this week!!!

:smile:
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Bump!
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Thanks for sharing !
  • ciscofoster
    Options
    So ready for this today! thank you and the old chief!! Sometimes the old
  • ciscofoster
    Options
    continued
    help us to face life and ourselves.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Bump

Thanks - what an inspiring and uplifting post. I needed it after gaining 5lbs for no apparent reason this week!!!

:smile:
    Its ok, as long as you keep moving forward & keep trying, things happen, & sometimes you have to take into account other reasons for not loosing weight or weight gain. two weeks ago I was unable to get the scale to move & felt bloated for no apparent reason, then look out mother nature decided to surprise me a week early, so hence the bloat & weight gain.keep your eye on the long term goal & the short term trip ups wont seem so bad. Lifes problems wouldnt be called hurdles if there wasnt a way over them :happy:
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!!! This is the best post I've read so far. Thanks so much. Saving this thread!!!!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Bravo!!!! This is the best post I've read so far. Thanks so much. Saving this thread!!!!
    Thank you!