Whats your dress size?

2»

Replies

• EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    I'm a 12 on top and a 14 on the bottom. Ialso have size 12pants and size 16 ones (i was upset about that, never wanted to buy that size again!) so i guess it varies. I'm 5"11 so i feel HUGE but am only one size bigger than my little sister who is much slimmer and more toned and about two inches shorter so i guess i just need to work on toning etc really to make the most of myself.
    My measurements are:

Bust: 36
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 35.5

Nightmare finding bikinis,i've been buying 14bottoms and 18tops just to try and cover my boobs! grrrr

I have a size L straplesstop from H&M in large which is too big but i couldn't fit into their biggest size on one of their skirts last week.sigh!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    I'm 5'8" - 144 lbs.
    36-28-38.

I'm a US size 6 in dresses.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    It depends entirely on the shop and also whether it is a dress, trousers , top etc

I am now a UK 10-12 (US 6-8) , I have lost nearly 14lb but I was a 12 before I lost too (maybe 14 in some tops).

Swimwear is always a trial due to being an hourglass- I ended up buying Size 14 bikini bottoms from one shop the other day because they fitted best- I try not to get hung up on size anymore as it's too variable & I know I've lost weight so look better than I did a few months ago!

Funny thing is that 10 years ago when I was the same weight I am now (130lb) I could fit into a Size 8 no problem- which just goes to show how ur shape & proportions can also change over time,
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    I'm a UK 12. Was getting close to 14 on bottom! Damn hips
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    I really need a measuring tape!

5'8" and it depends on the company. But the dress I've been working hard to look great in, is a size 2.

But sized are WEIRD and so different everwhere you go.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    I'm 5'5 and size 8/10 UK. You sound smaller than me and i don't like to wear my clothes tight.

my measurements are
    bust: 34
    waist : 27
    hips: 38
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 920 Member
    im a 12/14 more a 14 id say. if i want to feel comfertable ill always go for the 14 as i get smaller the dress will give me room.

eg i bought a size 14 dress from warehouse back in october an i was larger than i am now and it fitted but it was snug now i can get the zip up without even trying to pull it up :bigsmile: and im 5ft 8 by the way
This discussion has been closed.