heart rate monitors

Options
Hi guys!! I really need to get a good heart rate monitor for working out, but I'm having trouble finding a good one with positive reviews that is not too expensive. I'm on a college budget right now (so not a lot haha) so I can't spend too much.

Does anyone have any suggestions on brands or places I can look?

Replies

• coleslaw11
    Options
    yea. polar watches are great. i have one and absolutely love it. you wont go wrong by getting one of those....
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 - but no GPS so not great for running if you need to track distance. I just use Map My Run when I get home.
    Good luck.
  • StanMcCullars
    Options
    If you have a Best Buy near you give them a look. I walked in one today and found a ridiculously low price on a Polar FT60 *with* GPS!!! It's mine now!
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Polar are best if you get them in a good sale. I just bought a Sigma PC 15 and it was soo cheap - less than £40! Really simple to use too.No GPS just simple calories and HR training zones - all you need really.

Only thing is I tested it today and it told me I only burnt 170 cals in level 1 of the 30 day shred and I thought it would be more - ah well best to know the truth! :)
    Good luck.