Giving it back on free day.

Options
Ok, I'm doing cardio 5-6 times per wk. and strength and cond. times per wk. I've seen results. Lately, though, it's getting more difficult to lose while incorporating a cheat day each week. Should I just start skipping my cheat meals?

Replies

• pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Up to you. I don't do cheat days. I might add a favourite food to a regular day, but on non-exercise days, I just eat less.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I do not do cheat meals or days. I fit whatever I want into my normal daily calorie allotment.
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Seeing as I'm not on a diet, I don't have cheat days. Some days I may eat more or less healthy than others, but that's part of life. Likewise, some days I'll be more or less active than others. I try to match my eating and activity as best as I can - some days more successfully than others!! For me, the weight has continued to come off - not quickly, but it's going, and more importantly I've lost significant body fat and 6 dress sizes - I'll take that any day over a diet!!!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a pretty regimented program I suspect like yours. Cardio 3 days a week strength 3 days a week lots of small balanced meals and 1 day of no exercise and eat what you want within some reason. I like it however I'm on my second plateau and I've only lost 7 pounds. I'm also doing a part of a challenge and so it doesn't just matter what happens at the end of 12 week but to weigh in twice a week until then. I've lost inches and I feel great. However, My scale is not nice to me when I use cheat days. So now, I'm exercising cardio everyday yesterday I did lots of minutes. With lots of intensity. I'll keep doing strength 3 days a week. However so far it hasn't passed it through my plateau.

Ill update if the weigh ins change but let me know if you figure out something that works.
  • DAVEGETSLEAN
    DAVEGETSLEAN Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good idea.
  • DAVEGETSLEAN
    DAVEGETSLEAN Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ok. That makes sense. I try to eat clean Sun.-Fri., but maybe if I incorporate some of the items I crave into my daily meals, I can eliminate the cheat meal.