Lemon cleansing drink

Options
ma34113
ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
Who has tried the lemon cleansing drink with maple syrup and cayenne pepper? and does it actually work or taste good at all? any advice for someone who wants to try it? thanx !

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You're better off just putting lemon juice in your water and drinking 8-16 oz. of that per day. Lemon itself does the cleansing. No need to put other things in it. Try it first thing in the morning. Chug a big glass of water with plenty of lemon juice in it. Do this before you eat anything. This helps cleanse out your liver. You can also drink it at other times of the day to help with digestion.
  • bt806
    bt806 Posts: 22
    Options
    I haven't hurd of it before but it sounds interesting
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Ummmm ok I just got done attempting this and for me it was horrible. I mean the drink doesnt taste that bad. Its just having the will power to do it. Its a good cleanse. You lose a lot of water weight as well as stool but when your done you can't eat "regular" right away. You have to "ease" yourself off. They claim you lose about 2 pounds a day which I HAVE seen in my co-workers. But even in the actual "Master Cleanse" book it says you will gain at least half the weight back soon after the cleanse is done. So its a kind of an iffy thing. But if you do decide to go through with it good luck and post your progress!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have done it twice. Yes it works. Stay close to the bathroom! It really tastes pretty good. Had a headache about day two or three but it went away. I actually used more as detox and fasting than weight loss but I did lose about 12 lbs in the 10days but gained about 4 back when finished.