Ahh water weight....gotta love it.

Options
yeah so i just got done working out about 21/2 hours ago and i went and weighed myself and it seems i've gained 2-3 lbs. :grumble:

i'm thinking its all water bc when i work out, i tend to drink a whole bunch of water.
i used to be an athletic trainer in high school and was told that even when you're not feeling thirsty, your body is becoming dehydrated. so i learned that even when you're not thirsty, drink water anyway. even if you start to pee like a dog.

does anyone else have this little issue?
or is it just another one of my fabulous weight losing barriers?

Replies

• yeah so i just got done working out about 21/2 hours ago and i went and weighed myself and it seems i've gained 2-3 lbs. :grumble:

i'm thinking its all water bc when i work out, i tend to drink a whole bunch of water.
    i used to be an athletic trainer in high school and was told that even when you're not feeling thirsty, your body is becoming dehydrated. so i learned that even when you're not thirsty, drink water anyway. even if you start to pee like a dog.

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    yeah so i just got done working out about 21/2 hours ago and i went and weighed myself and it seems i've gained 2-3 lbs. :grumble:

you're not alone, I am exactly the same, I guzzle loads of water - usually 1 large bottle per piece of gym equipment then I'm in the loo peeing for Britain after every bottle! I also gain weight after working out/drinking. But the very next day, or within a couple of days, I loose the weight plus some :bigsmile:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post rides again :embarassed:
  • NOLONGERHEAVY
    Options
    i DRIONK A LOT OF WATER AT WORK AS i AM ON MY FEET FOR 7 HOURS BUT SOMETIMES IN THE AFTERNOON i HAVE A GLASS OF DIET PEPSI.......