Feeling hungrier lately.

Options
I've been dieting and exercising for almost 3 weeks now. Lately I've been noticing my stomach is growling and hurting like I haven't eaten all day even when I eat my recommended calories. What is causing this?

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'll guess it's your cycle. damned hormones
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Eat moar phood. Srsly. Do iiiit!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE CALORIES! i found that this site's calories are low compared to the rest.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct answer....

Your stomach is grumbling and you feel hungry... what do you think is the most obvious reason this might be?
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    Your paying more attention to your body!!!

Is it almost TOM??? I have noticed i get hungryer during that time and i'm experimenting with cals to help.
  • brooke_92606
    Options

Your stomach is grumbling and you feel hungry... what do you think is the most obvious reason this might be?

Umm obviously, but why would I start becoming hungrier now than when I first started?? I feel like it would be the other way around considering I used to consume waaaay more than 1200 calories a day.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories back. I do if I have hungry days.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Could be something you're eating that is upsetting your stomach...or it could be that since you're exercising (?) your body is saying it needs more fuel...OR it really could be about "that time" lol I want to eat all the time during that time
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day?
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Take this opportunity to start a new relationship with your body. Eat little more when she asks for it. But stay in control. Don't over do it and keep it accountable - keep track of the calories.

I treat my hunger and body like a little spoiled kid. Give me give me! it cries. You try to teach something and learn something together. At the same time, you show your love and confidence too. Make it a productive discussion not a destructive argument. Your body has a point too. It is trying to keep you balanced where you have been for so long. Maybe it thinks there is 7 years of famine is coming :). So there is some struggle to protect you. You can cajole your body though. Some exercise, will tell your body that there is no danger of famine but you are moving into a more active lifestyle, and she can let go off some fat now and build muscles instead. This could be the best time to build that trust!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Umm obviously, but why would I start becoming hungrier now than when I first started?? I feel like it would be the other way around considering I used to consume waaaay more than 1200 calories a day.

A couple reasons might be
    - your metabolism is changing and you're burning through more calories every day (yay!)
    - too many weeks of too high of a calorie restriction has finally caught up with you (booo!)
    - some combination of both

Your diary is closed so all we can do here is speculate.

You can check out this thread, and give your diet and exercise routine a once-over to ensure that your targets are reasonable. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

You may need to manually override the MFP-prescribed calories with a more accurate assessment that you come up with yourself. When I was losing weight I had to do this. MFP for some reason was giving me around 400 calories too little and I was pretty damn hungry. So I increased and continued to lose weight, albeit more comfortably.
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good explanation. I also see some pals are doing a zig-zag to jazz up the metabolism and break body's homeostasis resistance to change. Zig-Zag seems to be basically have more calories in one day and less the other so the body keeps guessing what's ahead. :)
  • valeri223
    valeri223 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good explanation. I also see some pals are doing a zig-zag to jazz up the metabolism and break body's homeostasis resistance to change. Zig-Zag seems to be basically have more calories in one day and less the other so the body keeps guessing what's ahead. :)

I use the zig-zag method, and love it. And I've noticed if I'm hungrier some days, then I need to eat more that day. Your body isn't lying. Try more fiber in your diet. Fiber helps control your hunger too.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful comments in this thread, I'm reading through them all.