What shoes do you wear for Zumba (or hip hop dancing)

Options
I just bought some Nike Mystique ... they fit ok but are really quite unattractive. Should I do with them ... or do you have a better idea?

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i just use my cross trainers
  • Chipmunkmom
    Options
    Most people use dance sneakers or cheer shoes. Have to say that none of them are very attractive, but they allow you to pivot and don't have excess tread to trip you up. I have some Sanshy dance shoes. I think they are street cute, too. You'll be fine in your Mystiques.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    reebok traintones
    don't know why but I feel much more comfortable in them than in my usual dance sneakers.
  • guccipoo
    Options
    Bloch dance trainers. Flexible soles and smooth area under ball of foot make twisting and turning easier and much safer. They are well padded and help me bounce around. Normal trainers are too sticky to the floor and can cause knee injuries.
  • IrishCloud
    Options
    something flat, a good fit and light on your feet.
  • clare9289
    Options
    I wear my Jazz boots. Boch brand - but any brand is the same really. They're quite expensive so dunno if you'd want to buy them specially for Zumba or not, but if you do they're really good :) Because they're designed for dancing I find them much more appropriate!
  • kgunther
    Options
    I have tried many different shoes for zumba and have found nike lunarfly (running shoe) is the most comfortable. I started with the same shoe you have purchased and they were very comfortable but my feet hurt after a couple of weeks. I have also found that if you zumba often you need to replace your shoes every three months.
  • snc1019
    snc1019 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New Balance cross trainers