I am 5'1 and 165 lbs

Options
I am trying to find other people who are around my height and weight. It is nice having a variety of people but I end up talking to people who are at a higher starting weight then I am and it is easier for them to lose weight then it is for me at my weight.. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not.. But yeah I'm trying to find people who are around my weight and height who can go through this diet with me.

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 1/2 inch and am 155 pounds. My highest was 240. I would like to lose another 20 pounds. I have not been exercising the last 2 months because I had foot surgery. I prefer not to call this a diet. I look at it as a lifestyle change. Diets are too restrictive. Anyway, feel free to add me :)
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    im around 5'2 and 160 pounds!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I was 165 for years before I got down to 159 last year doing Farrell's and managed to keep it there. Now I've managed to get down to 150 and I'm struggling to move below that mark.

So I've been there...a little further along than you, but I definitely know where you are coming from.
    If I'm close enough, feel free to add me.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 and 163...and you are right, it's hard to lose the weight!!! Keep on the good work though!!! You CAN do it!!!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi- I am also 5'1" and started at 168. I am currently at 135. You are welcome to friend me if you like.
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 158 pounds. I've been using this site for about a week now and lost 2 pounds so far. I did a biggest loser challenge at work for 3 months and only lost 4 pounds, but lost inches and a pant size. I've found that counting caleries and doing an exercise I enjoy to be the best way to beat the weight.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 I started out at 200 I am currently 146! I find that it is slower now but it still comes off. I just have to try hard!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and when I weighed 165 at my heaviest weight! :) Right now I'm 154 pounds. But it has taken me a lot longer than I thought to lose even that little weight! You have my encouragement!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 1/2" and started at 195. I am now 151.8. Welcome :smile:
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm a little shorter, but I put 5'1 on everything because I love tall shoes. :smile:
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5' 0 I started at 178, I'm now 149 and my goal is 105
  • rayneoverme
    rayneoverme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone. I am 5'1" and I am 163 lbs. The heaviest I have ever weighed was 178 lbs. My first goal is to resume the weight I had maintained for 3 years - 142 lbs. From there, I want to slowly but surely over the next 9+ months reach my end goal of 100 lbs. I have been overweight since I was a child and for a long time had been unsure of the actual scale number and not just the image of the body I wanted to attain. I came across a beautiful model (nude and not runway, those two types have different bnotions of the shape a woman should have) named Karlee Rose who is 5'1" and weighs 92 lbs. After talking to my mom about her weight in high school and consultin with a couple bmi charts, I decided that I want to be around a healthy and fit 100 pounds. Feel free to add me and good luck with your endeavor. Oh, and out of personal experience, it is okay to make a mistake or two such as forgetting to exercise one day or overindulging in a treat. Mistakes are mistakes, not failures. Do not beat yourself up over them and instead accept them as just a little bump and not a failure in your path to a healthier you. ^_^
  • tintinkitty
    Options
    im also 5'1 and im currently in 169. but my weight shifts alot in a week i can loose 5 lbs. but i can gain it right back the next 2 weeks. over the summer i was in 175. last week i was in 165.
  • kj_4
    kj_4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am 5'1" too, but a bit heavier at 187 right now. Support is always good.
  • lauuue
    lauuue Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 163 lb, 5'3 :) I guess we are quite the same!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4" and I started out at 165. (that's the highest I've ever been not-pregnant) Now, about 2.5 months later, I'm down to 147. Still working. It's a rough road but you can do it. My official MFP goal is 125 although I'll be ecstatic to get down to 130 (that's what I weighed 5 years ago when I got married).
  • Little_mochiyay
    Little_mochiyay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'1 and 165 pounds
  • I7300
    I7300 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft, I started my whole journey at 158lbs (this is like 10 years ago).
    In the last 2 years i went from 141lbs (post pregnancy) to where I'm at now which is 117lbs, now my goal (if ever) is to get to 108lbs but now just focusing on muscle building... so seeing where that goes.