i really need some motivation right about now

Options
okay so my first 2 weeks of eating healthy and working out went perfect i lost 7 lbs and then this week i weighed my self and i gained four pounds i really don't know what to do or how to workout and eat anymore...
and im starting to give up a little bit and giving into temptation it's so hard to just X out all the foods i used to eat
please help me with any advice thanks

Replies

• lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    How was your eating this week? If you ate well or fairly well and gained then I would say you are retaining water which means of of three things:
    1. It is close/during your time of the month
    2. You are eating to much sodium
    3. You aren't drinking enough water

A few weeks ago I completely gave up diet soda, I changed nothing else in my routine that week and I dropped 10 lbs. I had been averaging about 3 lb loss per week. I would suggest you watch you sodium intake and increase your water intake for a week and see if that helps.
  • big_beautiful
    Options
    thats the thing i love soda and this week i did not drink anything but water i carry a 3 liter bottle with me every where
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Can't check what you are eating bc your diary is closed.

Remember that this is a process, not a quick fix. 7lbs in one week is AMAZING, but a huge amount to lose. What are your stats set at, 1 or 2 lbs a week? How did you eat last week? Did you eat alot of processed foods? Salt?
    How was your exercise last week?
    Where are you on your weight loss progress? How much do you have left to lose?
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    don't give up!!! we all have bad days, trust me, i've had plenty when it comes to my weight loss. keep your head up high! :)
  • PeytonSwan
    PeytonSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well don't forget that your body is also getting used to this new kind of lifestyle ! :)
    The thing about the "cravings" you kind of have, well don't X out all of your foods you used to eat , just try to change them into a much more lighter variation. Like "Pizza" - you can see on my blog that I tried a "light version" of it. And someone else had a good idea as well. In my opinion if you would X everything out from one day to another so suddenly , then sooner or later the cravings are going to get you > bingeing.
  • big_beautiful
    Options
    i didnt lose 7 pounds in one week it was 2 weeks and ive been eating so healthy as healthy as i can
    working out 3 times a week and i doesnt seem to help me at all
    my goal is to lose 2 lbs a week
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Like someone said can't really tell you what might have made the difference without your food diary being visible.

Plus if this is week 3, you should be getting close to TOM, that might be the problem.
  • babycakes311
    babycakes311 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dont give up. just take it one day and one week at a time. its a process. it will have ups and downs. hang in there. I've been on this journey for years. Ive only been on MFP for a few weeks and I can say the support here definetly helps to keep you going.

I keep hearing everyone say to watch your sodium intake. Does anyone have any idea of whats a good amount to have for your daily goal?
  • tdotwitch
    tdotwitch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try to make working out fun. It's the only way I can get through it. It also depends on how you're eating not just what you're eating. Are you eating enough? Too much? If you aren't eating enough you're body goes into starvation mode and starts eating away at your muscles. I still snack on unhealthy things lol but I do that in moderation now and I still drink LOTS of Coke cuz I'm caffeine dependent and get migraines without it. Also go see your doctor and get your vitamin levels checked. You could be lacking in something and that can hamper any weight loss goals.
  • ingee
    ingee Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey There
    The slower you lose weight the longer it will stay off. If you have a lot of weight to lose then 2pounds per week is fine but if you only have a couple of kilograms to lose then it will be a big ask. Have you just started MFP or have you been losing weight for a long time?
    I LOVE soda too, but sadly the salt or the sodium in the diet soda, crisps and any other processes foods even tinned foods, have a very high salt level. Salt makes you hold on to the fluid in your body. Drinking lots of water and not having high salt in your diet will make you lose weight quickly. For some women especially, fluid retention is such a problem and is really bad when we are menstruating. If you were exercising a lot you would also sweat and lose a lot of fluid and this is probably why you lost a lot of weight that week combined with the healthy eating.
    My advice to you would be limit soda to a very small amount eg one glass a day or every couple of days. If you use diet coke for the caffeine try having a coffee instead cause the natural caffeine is better for you than the soda. I know it sounds really hard and you may not like coffee but give it ago and perhaps have it half strength. I used to love soda and was drinking it daily and now I drink one a month and when I have it I actually feel terrible afterwards.
    I have also found that I will lose weight quickly one week and then nothing the next week. Dont let this deter you, keep eating healthy and exercising and you will start losing again. I know that my body will lose weight and then it will stabilize for a week or too and I wont loose anything and then I will lose again. I think its my bodies way of coping and its a stubborn body and doesn't want to let go of my flab! Just remember that anything is better than nothing! Your doing great and keep going!
    Good luck and feel free to friend me if you want. I am happy to help you through this and help answer questions!

Cheers Ingrid :) xox
  • ingee
    ingee Posts: 3
    Options
    Did you know that you can add sodium into your my fitness pal. Go to the settings bar and then the first heading nutrients tacked and you can add in sodium, MFP will tell you how much you are allowed which is all dependent on your weight loss goals etc. Good luck... I know that I am allowed 2500mg of sodium a day which sounds a lot but I am eating healthy and I am still over. You dont realize how much natural salt is in food and thats not including the added salt!