Calling all 5'4'/5'5'' ladies

Options
Hey ya'll, I've been using this site for over a year now and had great success. I'm around 5'4.5'' and started at 140 and want to weigh 130. I don't know if this goal is attainable. I'm medium size frame and athletic build- I was maintaining at 131.4 for months, but the scale has moved back closer to 140 now and I can't tell if I have gained fat or muscle, or both. lol. Anyone have similar stats as me? I just can't figure out how much I should weigh! 140 seems like too much weight to me, but 130 might be unrealistic. In high school I weighed around 120, but my body has completely changed from then- I had no hips or shape then!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Ahh,me, too! I started at 5'5/5'6 around 150 lbs. I'm now down to 135.6 and I want to be at 130. But I'm the same way, idk if I am gaining muscle or fat, and what should be my goal!
  • Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" started at 169lbs after having children. I have an athletic build with broad shoulders and I'm currently at 109 which is also what I weighed in high school. If you ask some of my friends and family, they say I'm too thin and looked better at 120lbs. :(
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Your story is my story too! I'm 5'4'', and I was maintaining at 131 until I spent a month in Peru (or shall I say eating my way through Peru). Now I'm back in the States and back on 1200 calories and hovering around 135 and 136, which I don't like at all. I think 130 is totally feasible, and although I was totally happy there, I think I could have even gotten to 125. That would be the absolute minimum for me though.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" started at 169lbs after having children. I have an athletic build with broad shoulders and I'm currently at 109 which is also what I weighed in high school. If you ask some of my friends and family, they say I'm too thin and looked better at 120lbs. :(

I'm your height, and i was 109 too, and i heard the same thing. I'm now 120, and I have to say they were so right. I look a ton better!
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    We'll I'm 5'4, I was way overweight when I started at a whooping 280 lbs. I didn't look HUGE like some women but pretty big. I am down to 188 lbs now and I look better, but still have pudge area's. I am aiming for 145 lbs but when I get there deciding for myself if I need to go lower.

So I'm not exactly like you, but just thought I'd share and be able to bookmark this to read responses later :)
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I definitely think it's attainable! Is there any way you can get a hold of a device that measures BF %?
  • tootsieanne
    tootsieanne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    im 5'5" and i started at 144 lbs around new years 2011. now im around 110-112 lb. i feel amazing. i eat well. im not starving. i exercise about an hour per day. i feel great. exercising is so much easier without the extra 30 lbs to carry with me on my runs. i love it. the only problem is that my husband thinks i got way too skinny. he doenst not like it at all. my boobs and booty have shrunk a noticeable amount. he always makes comments that i need to gain weight and about my obsession with exercise and logging calories on this site. i am not trying to lose anymore i am just maintaining at this point... have i mentioned how great and wonderful i feel? haha! i have never weighed this litte - even in high school. always my skinny weight has been 127 lbs and i am 17 pounds less than that now. i feel better than ever though and im about to celebrate my 32nd birthday in 9 days. i hope that my husband gets used to the new me... and soon. :ohwell:
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started at 168 (not on this site though) I did SparkPeople.com when I began in January of this year. I've lost 31 pounds and go from 137-140 lbs. depending on my strange body! I want to get to 130-135 but I can't seem to get past 137. I've started zig zagging my calories in hopes of getting my metabolism going again. I guess I have an average build but I don't think I will get to the 120's! I am happy where I am at, just would be more comfortable around 130-135. My mom thinks I'm getting too skinny and so does my niece and sister but I can't tell if they are really thinking that or if they are jealous??!

My husband is very happy with how I look and we are both really into fitness. He is training for a half marathon and a full marathon in the next few months. He's lost around 20 pounds since February. He does think I spend far too much time figuring out my calories on this site too, lol! :laugh:
  • rthompson81
    Options
    Wow, I amazed at how low some of the weights are. I guess each body type is different. I think it's a good idea to get a nutritionist to evaluate you. I did it once when I was in Latin America a few years ago, but now I'm interested to get it done again hearing people's responses. Maybe I should lower my goal weight? Although I do want it to be something that I can actually maintain....
  • nani726
    nani726 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    im 5'5" and 180lbs :( so those under 150...i hate you! lol jk!!

my dr told me to aim for 130, but honestly i guess it depends on body frame, last time i was 120lbs was when i was like 12 and thought it wasnt possible but now that you guys say you're 120 and under i think 130 is within reach :)
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and about 160 lbs. I'm aiming for 135 and I'll see how I feel once I get down there. Might try for 127-125.
  • jes0704
    jes0704 Posts: 15
    Options
    Im 5"4 and I wish I weighed 140 :( My goal is to get down to that for a very long time now but I have so far to go.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and was at 152 in April. My first goal was 140 and once I reached it I decided to go for 135. For me (medium frame) 130 seems unimaginable, unless I lower my calorie intake to the point that I will feel deprived. Of course I'd love to reach that number, but I'm not sure it would work for me. I'm happy with how I lookand how my clothes feel. Maybe from now on I'll just focus on being healthy and improving my lean muscle/fat ratio and forget about the numbers :wink:
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I don't plan to go below 150, but... I thought this site might help you: http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • rthompson81
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I don't plan to go below 150, but... I thought this site might help you: http://www.mybodygallery.com/

What a cool site... thanks!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I would say get your body fat % tested somewhere (even if it's just the handheld thing at your gym) and go from there. Athletic body fat for women is like 15-18%, fitness is like 19-25% I think? Either way, healthy is 25% or under I'm pretty sure. I'm aiming for 20%.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I hope to be under 150 too. I'm 5'4" and at 185 :( I'm hoping to hit 150 by Christmas/New Year. I want to start the new year out by saying ... I am not going on a diet I am just maintaining!!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and want to get to 140 (first goal).
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and currently 127-ish... my goal is 115-120, but I promised my family I would see how I feel at 125 before going any lower. Considering I am so close to that, I feel I want to go the extra 5 at this point.
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 150, now I'm 137, my goal is 130. I would like to be in the 120s but my husband says that's too much for me. we'll see when I get a little closer to the 120s. I guess it just depends on your frame and how everything is proportioned. I tend to carry more weight in my belly and thighs.