Cowboys and Aliens or Planet of the Apes?

Options
2»

Replies

• halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Cowboys and Aliens was surprisingly fantastic. Don't let the ppl without movie knowledge tell you otherwise.
    There's so much wrong with this statement I don't even know where to begin, and it leads me to believe that your movie knowledge stems from the Michael Bay School of Fantastical Explosions.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well, I heard enough positive buzz about POTA that I finally went and saw it tonight. It was... interesting. Again, like C&A it was good, but not great. The special effects on both were unique. The Aliens in C&A were almost laughable when compared to what Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) had to face down in Aliens (1986). I guess they didn't want to scare the children?

Although the CG Apes seemed somewhat flat and obviously CG, the real advancement was the Motion Capture (MoCap) technology behind the Ape's performances. I expect to see some great comebacks of dearly departed classical actors & actresses (musicians too?) in the future.

Thanks everyone for your input. It was interesting to see everyone's points of view.