Benefits

Options
a_freeman
a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
Six months and 70 pounds ago, I decided to lose some weight. I wanted to look better and maybe feel better. I don't know about looking better but I certainly feel better. The big surprise though is that other things have changed for me along the way. To start, I changed jobs. As I started feeling better about myself, it became more obvious that I needed to get excited about work again. Second, I had to buy all new clothes and I've really notched up how I dress. I'm not the schlub I used to be. Third, my cardio workouts have turned into a new hobby, running. I just ran my first 5k yesterday and loved it. I'm happy to have lost the weight. I'm more energetic, healthier and perhaps I do look a little younger. But in the end, the weight loss is the side benefit, what has changed for me is everything.:smile:

Replies

• lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Positively inspiring. Thanks for sharing your story. And congratulations on all the new changes in your life!
  • IrishCloud
    Options
    you must be soooo proud of yourself . you look Great. After reading your letter, I now can't wait to start my new life style.
  • Takotorau
    Options
    Loved reading your story. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!