Hi. New to MFP, excited to be here

Options
Hello. I'm Michelle.
I've been over weight for a while. I was 199 the day I got my positive pregnancy test result from my first son, who turned 6 in June. My heaviest weight was 220. I am currently down 15lbs. I have started working out at the gym 6 days a week, and get to work with a personal trainer. I see her 2x a week, and in the meantime she gives me assignments (mostly cardio, with a little bit of strength trainings) for days I am not working out with her.

I got a Bodybugg to keep track of how many calories I burn, but don't like the calorie their calorie tracking app for my phone, so I installed the MFP app. It's great to be able to log my food "on-the-go" rather than keep a notebook with me all the time or try to remember what I ate or how much.

I have about 65lbs to lose before I hit my goal weight. However, the "goal" weight is just a number in my head that I think I'll look and feel my best at. However, since the TRUE goal is to be healthy... flat stomach, nicely toned, and above all else a healthy body fat percntage... I'd be VERY happy at a higher weight if my bmi was at a healthy level.. so I'm not OBSESSED with hitting my "goal" weight.. it's just a focus object.

Anyway.. I'm excited to be here. Oh, and more or less I'm following The Diet Solution Program for my nutritional needs. My trainer said that in the beginning of your wellness journey, nutrition is 80% of it. And she says that it's actually the MOST DIFFICULT thing to change for most people.

ok... so Hi :)

God bless!

Replies

• MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I also go to the gym 6 times a week :)
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm fairly new here, too, but everyone is very supportive. It's great that you aren't focusing too much on numbers and are striving for over all health and fitness instead. Keep your good attitude and you'll get there! :)
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hello there i am new hear also, not real sure how to get going on this loosing weight deal but i am sure open to ideas, i been trying to loose weight for years and now i am going to really get real about it i want to get to a healthy me again.
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Dedication and discipline!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle!!! You will love it here! :)