HCG diet?

Options

Replies

• Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    My coworker's neighbor's kid's school principal's landscaper lost 70 lbs by snorting the powder made from ground unicorn horns.

was it cheaper? lol
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My coworker's neighbor's kid's school principal's landscaper lost 70 lbs by snorting the powder made from ground unicorn horns.

OMG! lol
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I met a blind guy's dog trainer's cousin-in-law's transgender bro-sis, that smoking hippo teeth were a way to counteract the Jenny Crank diet dental effects along with the unicorn horn blowing out your septum. It actually makes you eat your own flesh.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

I met a blind guy's dog trainer's cousin-in-law's transgender bro-sis, that smoking hippo teeth were a way to counteract the Jenny Crank diet dental effects along with the unicorn horn blowing out your septum. It actually makes you eat your own flesh.

That gives "living on your fat stores" a whole new meaning!

*runs off to find hippo teeth* (I wonder if I can get those from that guy I know in the Tenderloin...)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Talk about a win-win!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options

Talk about a win-win!

awesome..... but seriously... does anyone want my urine?? i wont charge an arm n a leg for it.... discounts!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options

why are you being so rude? she asked if anyone had tried it, and we are giving our personal experiences we dont need to be immediately attacked. if you don't want to do it then don't. we get your opinion is against it, why don't you spend your time focusing on something else instead of discouraging the ones who are giving something a try.
    There is much anecdotal evidence being spewed about HCG and on a public forum where people may be DESPERATE to lose weight, to offer options that have no scientific backing, but just opinions is irresponsible. I have in no way attacked anyone, I have refuted the statements with actual scientific data and studies.
    While it's up to the individual, providing information that is PEER VIEWED and unbiased will give the individual a better aspect of what they may be getting themselves into. No one wants to make a decision on limited info. They would rather have the facts out in front of them, then decide.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    No, you're not ingesting urine. You are using something distilled/separated from pregnant women's urine...one of MANY substances that exist in urine. There are hundreds (likely thousands) of drugs, food/food additives, cosmetic products, etc derived from sources that can be perceived as disgusting. Ever eaten Jell-O? Used lipstick?
    While I'll agree to a point, you do realize that HCG (in true form) is a HORMONE. So it's not just a drop, spray or injection but like steroids, it's an artificial hormone. I think people really need to know that that is what is being used here.
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Side note regarding homeopathy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

I won't argue with the power of placebos, but that's basically what's at work here. It's hope and a very low calorie diet. Many of the folks on this site are here because they are trying to make changes that they can sustain for life. 500-800 calories/day is not sustainable, and does not address the core issues of weight gain. I would bet that most of the folks on here have tried starvation diets at somepoint, and we can see how well that worked out in the long term.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    The argument for HCG: "Well me and my cousin's mother's friend did it and we lost weight so it must work!"

The argument against HCG: "Several studies publishes in peer-reviewed medical journals show no difference between HCG and placebos."

Cling to your straws all you want. It's a crock. The homeopathic stuff even more than the injections.
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    Side note regarding homeopathy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

I won't argue with the power of placebos, but that's basically what's at work here. It's hope and a very low calorie diet. Many of the folks on this site are here because they are trying to make changes that they can sustain for life. 500-800 calories/day is not sustainable, and does not address the core issues of weight gain. I would bet that most of the folks on here have tried starvation diets at somepoint, and we can see how well that worked out in the long term.

I love you for posting this! :love:
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Well, unless you are getting synthesized HCG (which is not all that common and wouldn't come from urine) you are not getting artificial hormone. You are getting naturally-occurring hormones at extremely low doses. My point was more about arguing the other (de)merits of the program...rather than the source of the hormone. I find it to be a silly argument when there are many more (potentially) logical points to argue.

You can also debate all the livelong day about whether or not hormones used in the meat/poultry industry are causing greater rates of early onset puberty in young girls. Or the use of pesticides are increasing the rates of cancer. Speaking of which...did you know that a derivative of mustard gas is used to fight cancer?

Hey, I started on this path as a skeptic and still have a healthy dose of it in the back of my mind. But, I can only really speak for myself. Placebo or not, it has worked for me. We'll see where I am a year from now. I know it will be up to me to maintain the results.

I firmly believe that birth control pills in my twenties did much more damage to my body than this ever will--I am sure all of the studies regarding the safety of BCP are peer-reviewed too. Maybe I'll be wrong but, in the meantime, my cholesterol is down, my waist is 4 inches smaller, my BMI has dropped nearly 8 points. I just found out today that my liver enzymes are also back in a normal range...something I have battled for years (overweight or not).

I'm not a lifelong dieter. It has only been in the last few years when things got out of control. I never ever ate that much junk food...just too much butter on the wholesome foods I was cooking at home. Pregnancy, divorce, business travel, financial stress, sleep apnea...it all takes a toll. It wasn't about being inactive or lazy...it is about life sometimes gets the best of us.

No, you're not ingesting urine. You are using something distilled/separated from pregnant women's urine...one of MANY substances that exist in urine. There are hundreds (likely thousands) of drugs, food/food additives, cosmetic products, etc derived from sources that can be perceived as disgusting. Ever eaten Jell-O? Used lipstick?
    While I'll agree to a point, you do realize that HCG (in true form) is a HORMONE. So it's not just a drop, spray or injection but like steroids, it's an artificial hormone. I think people really need to know that that is what is being used here.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

WHOOO HOO! Eating flesh=weight loss!!! All that excess flesh over your bones....pfft, who needs it?
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    You are getting naturally-occurring hormones at extremely low doses.

Yes such a low dose that it's pretty much just water and filler. The damaging part isn't really the hormones as much as the extremely low calorie deficit.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    And?

Hormones naturally occur in our body at low concentrations. Most OTC and prescription medications are mostly "filler". It doesn't mean that it doesn't served the intended purpose.

VLCD are not all that uncommon in the treatment of morbid obesity. It could logically be argued that people closer to a healthy weight have greater risks, but those that have >100 pounds to lose are not likely to suffer in the same way.

The loss certainly comes from the calorie deficit. I don't disagree that a large part of the lack of hunger could be placebo effect...but, for the large majority, these shorts bursts of consuming healthy food at low caloric levels isn't going to do long-lasting harm.
    You are getting naturally-occurring hormones at extremely low doses.

Yes such a low dose that it's pretty much just water and filler. The damaging part isn't really the hormones as much as the extremely low calorie deficit.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    500 calories is about the same as anorexia, just say "no"

You will do more long-term damage to your system than the short-term weight loss is worth.
    Find a diet/lifestyle that you can live with and then dieting isn't hard at all.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    500 calories is about the same as anorexia, just say "no"

You will do more long-term damage to your system than the short-term weight loss is worth.
    Find a diet/lifestyle that you can live with and then dieting isn't hard at all.

y1W5b.jpg

You deserve a medal!
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm speaking as someone who just finished the HCG diet early last month.

Firstly, you do not gain all the weight back. The only way you gain is back is if you don't go through the entire process which consists of 4 stages. I see quite a few people when they first get off the drops/shots/pills going straight back to their old eating ways and that's not the way it works. Either that or they "cheated" during the low calorie diet and that did them absolutely no favors.

I'm starting the last stage of the process and I've lost 3 pounds from the time I stopped the low calorie diet. I've stuck to eating around 1200 ~ 1400 calories for the last month and I feel so much better, eat a lot better, and am extremely motivated to be the healthiest I've been all of my life. It really does do wonders and I recommend it if you have the strength to do it properly.
  • tnlittleangel
    Options
    I am on it and have lost 30 lbs of abnormal fat and 25.25 inches from head to toe so far. I have 16 lbs to go. My body has reshaped in a way that exercise and diet never did!!! I recommend you find a doctor who has done the program for years with thousands of people who have maintained for years. Mine has 92% who have stayed within the two pound over under rule for life. The 8% went back to the old unhealthy lifestyle or stopped weighing daily to stay on track. You have to follow the protocol to a T or you will not succeed. This is a lifestyle change and not a diet. If you use it as a diet and don't follow it for life, you will gain the weight back and more like any other diet. You have to weigh EVERY morning for the rest of your life and do corrections if something goes wrong with your weight. Please know the facts before jumping on the "500 calorie/no excerise" bandwagon. If you read how the body works and the HCG hormone, you will see how crazy some of the statements are that it is dangerous and you starve. Doctors know how to do this the right way. I am on an extended Phase 3 with doctor's supervision. My friend just started and has already cut her blood pressure meds in 1/2 and no longer takes a water pill for fluid retention. IMO the drops and pellets are not safe nor as effective as the real injection with a doctor.
    Funny. The doctors from legitimate study and peer viewed clinical studies would say different as posted from the sources I linked.
    Since you posted the the percentages of the successful and non successful, there must be some sort of link to verify this. Please post it.

This is stats from the doctor I personally use. Not from an internet site to post links...real live people's lives changes. You have every right to believe what you want to about it. I am living proof and so are all of his other patients. I can't speak for any other doctor's or people.
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    I am on it and have lost 30 lbs of abnormal fat and 25.25 inches from head to toe so far. I have 16 lbs to go. My body has reshaped in a way that exercise and diet never did!!! I recommend you find a doctor who has done the program for years with thousands of people who have maintained for years. Mine has 92% who have stayed within the two pound over under rule for life. The 8% went back to the old unhealthy lifestyle or stopped weighing daily to stay on track. You have to follow the protocol to a T or you will not succeed. This is a lifestyle change and not a diet. If you use it as a diet and don't follow it for life, you will gain the weight back and more like any other diet. You have to weigh EVERY morning for the rest of your life and do corrections if something goes wrong with your weight. Please know the facts before jumping on the "500 calorie/no excerise" bandwagon. If you read how the body works and the HCG hormone, you will see how crazy some of the statements are that it is dangerous and you starve. Doctors know how to do this the right way. I am on an extended Phase 3 with doctor's supervision. My friend just started and has already cut her blood pressure meds in 1/2 and no longer takes a water pill for fluid retention. IMO the drops and pellets are not safe nor as effective as the real injection with a doctor.
    Funny. The doctors from legitimate study and peer viewed clinical studies would say different as posted from the sources I linked.
    Since you posted the the percentages of the successful and non successful, there must be some sort of link to verify this. Please post it.

This is stats from the doctor I personally use. Not from an internet site to post links...real live people's lives changes. You have every right to believe what you want to about it. I am living proof and so are all of his other patients. I can't speak for any other doctor's or people.

No you're living proof that very low calorie deficits can work. Also, trying to dismiss peer reviewed journals as "internet site to post links" is pretty naive.