Delicious Baked Fish with potatoes

Options
angelacelia
angelacelia Posts: 8 Member
Hi all-
Wanted to share one of my favorite, easy-to-make recipes.

Ingredients (2 Servings):

1) Haddock or Cod (about 1 lb)
2) Diced or Stewed Tomatoes (in a can, with herbal seasoning)
3) Parley
4) Garlic powder and/or minced garlic
5) Romano cheese
6) Salt and pepper
7) 3 Potatoes
8) Olive oil

After peeling 3-4 potatoes, cut them up in fairly thin slices and place them in rows on a baking pan. I generally lay alumnium foil down first and spray it with PAM prior to laying out the potatoes so that the clean up is minimial. Put a little bit of salt and pepper and olive oil on the potatoes and then cover the pan in aluminum foil and bake for about 20 minutes in a 400-degree oven.

Once the potatoes are almost thoroughly cooked, take the pan out, and place haddock or cod on top of the potatoes. Cover the fish and potatoes with diced or stewed tomatoes (italian style with the herbs). Add some parsley, salt and pepper (to taste), some garlic powder and/or minced garlic, and a little bit of romano cheese on top. Cover with the aluminum foil and cook until the fish is flakey (around 20 minutes or so depending on the thickness of the fish).

I love this recipe! It is easy, healthy, and quick to make.

Potatoes are low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. They are a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, and Manganese.

Haddock is low in saturated fat, and is a good source of Vitamin B6 and Magnesium. It is also a good source of protein.

Replies