No sweets & I'm irritable

Options
2»

Replies

• BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate syrup is great drizzled on strawberries and only 15 cal.
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Budget in a square or two of dark chocolate, and then savor it - let it dissolve slowly in your mouth, inhale the scent, swirl your tongue around in the flavor - you can get more mileage out of a square of Dove Dark (my favorite, and only 42 calories) than you can imagine.

This is how I do it exactly. If you eat too fast, you will not be satisfied by two squares but really savour it and you can be and will stop at that. The sky will not fall down. If you allow yourself a little of what you crave, you will not end up binging on way to much of it later - that's me anyway...
  • DarcieC2389
    Options
    I don't feel like any food is off limits, just do it in moderation. Starting last week I am letting myself have one day that I can eat some of my favorites and not feel guilty. I think it is fine, if I am following the program the other 6 days of the week and I am exercising 5-6 days a week.
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i hadn't had too much in the way of sweets for the past 2-3 months, and chocolate only recently sounded really good to me. So this is what I did:

In my protein/green smoothie (consisting of frozen blueberries,spinach, protein powder, and vanilla almond milk) I put in a tablespoon of Hershey Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. One tablespoon is all that's needed, and it's a mere 10 calories. The entire smoothie is of chocolate blueberry deliciousness.
  • OnCmommy
    OnCmommy Posts: 40
    Options
    i hadn't had too much in the way of sweets for the past 2-3 months, and chocolate only recently sounded really good to me. So this is what I did:

In my protein/green smoothie (consisting of frozen blueberries,spinach, protein powder, and vanilla almond milk) I put in a tablespoon of Hershey Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. One tablespoon is all that's needed, and it's a mere 10 calories. The entire smoothie is of chocolate blueberry deliciousness.

That sounds amazing!
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    eat sugar free sweets- they have come a long way, some are pretty tasty and you can't even believe they have no sugar.
  • panda0920
    Options
    What I do is, if I really just can't find it in me to avoid maybe a snickerdoodle (seeing as those are the current enemies in the house), I'll do my cardio intense workout, and then afterwards eat only one for the taste. It'll burn a lot faster during that golden hour. It's just persistence, sadly, though, fruit can help a lot, too.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I find those little individually wrapped chocolates do the trick for me. Like Ghirardelli. My husband has to hide the bag and distribute them to me one at a time. But his weakness is m&ms. I can't stand those. So I hide the m&ms and give him just a little bit when he's craving chocolate.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    You can have your sweets, you just have to balance into your 1200 calories :)
  • CourtneyCMarshall
    Options
    1/2 scoop chocolate protein shake, 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, some ice and water = delish 8 oz chocolate shake for 92 calories