Thank you all!

Options
Truth be told, I joined this site in hopes of enticing a family member who has struggled with his weight his entire life to take better care of himself. He already had heart failure at the age of 29 as a result of his obesity. I honestly lose sleep worrying about him and pray to God that something will inspire him to take control of his destiny, enabling him to live a happy, long, healthy life. He, unfortunately, did not join MFP as I prayed he would. I hope that he, like many of you, finds the will and motivation inside of him to make a change.

With all that said and done, I really truly enjoy reading everyone's stories on here. I have never once seen a mean, negative or derogatory post. What a strong, respectful community MFP has got going on here! So thank you all for your inspiring, touching stories. May all of you live long healthy lives and reach all of your goals!

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Thank you and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    It is so sweet of you to share this. Your wish that 'all of you live long healthy lives and reach all of your goals!' gave me goosebumps! I hope your family member joins soon. He will find a lot of support here. It isn't easy but it truly helps knowing that others share in the struggle to find our way to healthy living.

Best wishes to your and your family!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    All I can say to your loved one is "It is totally worth it" and if they need a guide on this journey look no further I am here :D
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I LOVE MFP!
  • SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. My story is something similar. My sister who is 53 years old has had a heart attack and open heart surgery and is also a diabetic is not taking care of herself.

I have lost 85 lbs on my own and have been at a stand still for 2 years now. Hoping this site gives me the motivation to continue and get my health back.

Add me if you like!