Bad calories??

Options
I've been off and on mfp for a while but seem to still be a little confused. I have been logging in my calories but feel kind of guilty because the food I've been eating isnt exactly the best. I have the hardest time preparing meals then trying to figure out the calories per serving/what the serving is. I find it easier to grab a granola bar or cheese stick or frozen dinner. then I end up getting sick of that stuff, not eating for several hours, and by 8pm im starving. please help me!

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    you can use the recipes feature..just put in all the ingredients, then set how many servings it makes, and it will give you all your nutritional info per serving..i think there is a recipes section on here too that other users have submitted, just not sure where it's at..best of luck
  • JDean2010
    Options
    I can appreciate your problem! One thing that I thought of that may help you is that I get a fresh cooked rotisserie chicken from Sam's (you can get any local supermarket in deli section) I bring it home & while it is still hot I take it all apart; take the skin off and give it to the dog ;) and put all the meat into a tuberware... I have that for the week for salad-just cut some up with some chic peas, craisans, feta, cuc, red & green bell peppers, olives ect...whatever you prefer. It makes for an easy, delicious meal.
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    I am super poor! I can barely afford groceries at all...so many good recipes, call for SO many ingredients. Frustrating.