Rant about my cousins...

Options
Mangoaddict
Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
They are pissing me offff!!! They are lying to me. White lies. I can't believe people would do that???
My one cousin just got divorced and she's pretending like nothing ever happened!! She's not even talking about it to me! Her brother is talking about her looking for a job, when she already is working!!! We are on opposite ends of the country so we don't meet as often but why the lies?

WT?? (excuse me)...What do I do??? These people think I am stupid and falling for it. I don't know how to get away!! Please help!!!!! Its really depressing.

(fyi - they were actually my closest cousins at one point)...now, I am not so sure. :mad:
Humor me people!

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Options
    They are pissing me offff!!! They are lying to me. White lies. I can't believe people would do that???
    My one cousin just got divorced and she's pretending like nothing ever happened!! She's not even talking about it to me! Her brother is talking about her looking for a job, when she already is working!!! We are on opposite ends of the country so we don't meet as often but why the lies?

WT?? (excuse me)...What do I do??? These people think I am stupid and falling for it. I don't know how to get away!! Please help!!!!! Its really depressing.

(fyi - they were actually my closest cousins at one point)...now, I am not so sure. :mad:
    Humor me people!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Could it be that she's embarrassed? I wouldn't take it personally but I do agree that it sucks to be lied to:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ooooo...I can rant about cousins with the best of them....:tongue: My cousin has been separated from her husband since March but still hasn't filed for divorce and she's been dating since then...You can't have both....:noway: She was my BEST FRIEND but now she's dating these super nasty guys with bad reps and acting like she doesn't have any sense....she never returns my calls anymore and when I talk about having kids it pisses her off...:explode: I can't help it that I'm in a great marriage and ready for kids.....Sorry.....:laugh: But I totally understand....she is driving me crazy....
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    Embarrassed? But why lie to me about things that are so silly and not related to her marriage. They are like white lies about other things in their lives. I hate feeling this way. My hubby is saying don't take it personally, but how can I not??? When you treat family, you are there for them every step of the way and think you are so close and then they treat you this way?

I have to attend her brother's wedding next year and even he's lying to me.... I don't want to be any more close to them! I swear. I've had it with fake people.
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    teacheratkins :- maybe she's jealous? That happens you know!!
  • teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Could be the issue we are both having.....just jealous people...who knows....I feel like I don't 'know' anybody anymore...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    " you can't believe people would do that"...
    People are naturally evil and sinful.. and most of the time it's about themselves got other people unless they're just in for self-gratification... look up for yourself and don't put so much trust in people and then you won't have this problem... someone once told me that families don't owe us anything it's only what our expectations are so why do you think your cousin needs to tell you every little detail about her personal life? People usually only do that when it's self-serving for themselves..

You do know that this thread is old--from 2008? The OP is no longer around. Where did you find it? 13 yrs old...sheesh.