What USED to be your favorite splurge meal/food?

Options
kellybones
kellybones Posts: 281 Member
And now what is your new favorite splurge meal/food?

Used to be a large pizza from someplace that would deliver with a 2 liter of Coke and a dozen or so of those refrigerated take and bake cookies. At one point in time, I was having this usually twice a week.

Now? I go to a local organic/local foods bakery/cafe in town called Essence once a week and have their special of the day followed by two macarons. Probably not the healthiest splurge but it is definitely tasty, something different every week (last week was a mixed greens salad and a pickle, ham and gruyere grilled cheese sandwich). And the baked goods once a week that I buy but do NOT make in the house limit my portions!

Replies

• jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My splurge meal is the same...pasta. I just eat a big salad for starters and then eat way less of the pasta.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Use to be everything that was ethnic....mexican italian american.....

Splurge food now Skinny cow ice cream bars
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm a whole cheese pizza from costco for myself ..... wow
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Used to be Mc Donald's. 3 double cheeseburger, 1 large fries and a Big Mac Snack Wrap (or maybe a Quarter Pounder). Or a whole 12 inch frozen pepperoni pizza (Jack's rising crust was my favorite)

Now my favorite spurge is still a burger and fries but I've only had that a few times since I started at the end of March and I haven't been to Mc Donald's at all. I also have only eaten individual serving frozen pizza a few times as well (around 400 calories).
  • srshufelt
    Options
    My splurge food is Chinese. But I only have once every two weeks or so. And then I usually only have one plate at the buffet, and not a heaping plate either. I know I don't get my money's worth but my health is more important. I will always allow a 'cheat' meal once in awhile as not to feel totally deprived of some of the good stuff. But at the same time I have the mindset that you can't eat that stuff all the time cuz its just NOT GOOD FOR YOU!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Mexican!!!fajitas with extra guacamole, cheese, sour cream, tortillas. Close second would be Chinese
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My splurge was anything I could get from a drive-thru window or have delivered so that I expended as little energy as possible and could eat right away. (And mostly anything with cheese on it.)

Now my favorite splurge is to find smaller versions of the foods I love. (A slider instead of a whole Whopper. A mini pizza instead of the full size. A small serving of mac and cheese. Tofutti Cuties from Trader Joes instead of Toll House Ice Cream sandwiches.)

I still get a taste of the foods I like, but don't feel as guilty or deprived.
  • big_beautiful
    Options
    cheesecake yummm
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Past fav: Chicken Fried Chicken w/ double order of Garlic Smashed Potatos! Yummy! (most Applebee's don't care that anymore anyway. :-( )

Now: I like my breaded pork stir fry.
  • lovelyfacex3
    lovelyfacex3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ANY variation of pasta ... mmm marinara, bolognese, white wine and garlic, with poultry, with beef, with seafood. Veggies? Eh okay.

Now my splurge is a tuna melt! Love it!
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Pizza and Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.

Which I still have but with some changes. Thin crust and 1-2 pieces max of pizza. Recently had 3 bites of B&J ice cream and gave the rest of the pint to my brother.

Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't even remember it, but I am sure it was covered in cheese. The good news is I actually enjoy the healthy food so much better than I ever enjoyed the bad stuff, and I feel a lot better afterward too (both physically and emotionally).
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I think mine was, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, now if I fancy it I have their frozen yogurt. Also Indian or Chinese takeaway :) YUM
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Oh Man, got to be Dominos Pizza, nomnomnom...
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    A Large pizza all to myself.....or a 2 spicy crispy chix sandwiches, a large fry and a large diet coke.