I'm annoyed...

Options
2»

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Cheryl, your post could be me! Not just the gaining/losing but seeing the health issues in my family and wanting to avoid them.
    For me I am also premeno. (I'm almost 49) and you always hear the stories of weight gain. I don't want to gain again. I want to maintain where I am at and continue to learn to eat healthier, continue to exercise.

This sight is has so much good info plus it's easy to track food intake and exercise.

For everyone, keep working towards a healthier lifestyle. We can all learn from each other and encourage each other.
    Kelly
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am so annoyed, and I am really sorry to say this, but I get so frustrated with the posts of people who are "struggling" to lose like 5 or 10 pounds. I'm not trying to whine, but at what point do we concentrate on what's best for our bodies and not just what the stupid scale says? I mean one person could be at their healthiest at 150 pounds, while another person might be better at 120. I guess I just need to get over it. But I get so annoyed at the little "stick figures" sometimes.... :ohwell:
    as do I when people whine they are fat and they are like a size 2. although in a FINAL push they are the HARDEST to get off, so that way I can understand
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    That's what I'm saying, fitjoani :)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed some when I see somebody that is so tiny and on here saying that they just can't get the scale to move, and you look at their profile and they are dressed in the skimmiest clothing and you can tell that there is no body fat what so ever on them and actually look like they would look better with another 5 pounds on there bones. And they are stressed because they want to lose 7 pounds.

But I do know that there are people on here that reset there ticker every 10 pounds, because they are working on 10 pounds at a time. So after they lose 10 the reset their goals with a new starting weight and a new goal weight.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. I have a hard time too when you see someone so skinny and yet they are complaining about those last few pounds. But for me I've struggled with those last ten pounds on and off for years. The second I stopped worrying about those ten pounds...I gained ten more! I've made the commitment to myself that once I get to my goal weight I'll never let myself get ten pounds over it (unless I get pregnant) because that's where it starts.

ETA: the "skinny" pictures of me that are in my profile are me when I was at my goal weight :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I didnt read all the posts but I definately have an opinion on this matter.:huh:

If I had found MFP and started losing weight when I had only 10 pounds to lose, I never would have gained 60 pounds and ended up with high cholesteral.

So KUDOS to those who are stopping the cycle in the beginning and taking care of business.

I always tell my daughters friends (21yrs old) to lose it now while they only have 10 to lose and are young. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think the size 2's who say they are fat or gross or whatever derogative comment they chose to use have huge self image issues that they have never been able to deal with. I joined because I wanted to lose 12 pounds, I knew I wasn't fat in any body's eyes, but I knew that I did not feel good with the extra weight and hated the fact that my clothes didn't fit me properly, I was getting older and wanted to be healthy and look good. I wanted to learn how to do it the right way with others who were also trying, that is why I am here.

So I agree with you that the skinny girls who lament over not getting to a size zero, can be annoying to anyone who has a lot of weight to lose, but I think, and this is just my opinion, that they have bigger self image problems than those who need to lose 100 pounds. Someone who needed to lose 100 and loses 90 will be happy and proud of her loss, but the girl who wanted to lose 5 because she was "gross" with all that added weight will always judge herself as fat and not "perfect" and will never reach happiness with her body.