The best diet plan for eating 1,200 calories.

Options
Hi! I was wondering what kind of diet plan would help me consume 1,200 calories. I don't eat that much because I don't have a big appetite, so that is a problem.

Also how many calories would I then need to loose at the gym, and how do I make sure I'm burning body fat instead of muscle tissue...

Thanks in advance!!:)

Replies

• SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I will always refuse to eat anything less than 1500 calories. I love food, I love to eat. Thanks to this website and me having some of the most amazing people on my friend's list, I am also lowering the amount of food that I eat, but I still like to eat. My body needs good/healthy food to fuel itself. Try lean cuts of meat and whole grains like brown rice.

As a general rule, walking briskly burns more fat than muscle carbohydrates. I like brisk walking, though I am also trying to get into running to increase my cardiovascular system.

Good luck! I'm sure others will respond that know a whole lot more than I do.
  • MariPars
    MariPars Posts: 52
    Options
    I know you said you dont eat much b/c of a small appetite..I have the same problem. Just be careful of starvation mode. I lost 46lbs and im afraid thats where my body is at now and im kind of stuck in a rut and it doesn't want to lose anymore and I dont know what to do. So be careful of that!!!! lol (I still have like 65lbs more to lose so yeaaaa) lol
  • JazzyJas20
    Options
    thanks guys! I'm new to this healthy lifestyle I'm used to eating junk food and drinking pop but always made sure i stayed below 200 i used to be 215 but now I'm at 204 from going to the gym, i just want to loose more weight and fast, any suggestions are welcome:)
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I will always refuse to eat anything less than 1500 calories. I love food, I love to eat. Thanks to this website and me having some of the most amazing people on my friend's list, I am also lowering the amount of food that I eat, but I still like to eat. My body needs good/healthy food to fuel itself. Try lean cuts of meat and whole grains like brown rice.

As a general rule, walking briskly burns more fat than muscle carbohydrates. I like brisk walking, though I am also trying to get into running to increase my cardiovascular system.

Good luck! I'm sure others will respond that know a whole lot more than I do.

If you can actually jog or run for a bit skip the brisk walking and do some interval training if you want to target body fat and minimise lean muscle loss.

This article cites some of the better research to dispell the whole lower intensity 'fat bunring heart rate zones' are better at fat loss...That advice has long since been disproved.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/endurance-training/best-cardio-fat-loss-good-article-38243.html

Back to the original question of the thread, if you are struggling to eat 1200 calories it is only because your body isn't working well and your body thinks it is starving. If you have to add in extra food to make it up then add sometihng high in healthy fats and calories such as almonds and fish. Usually underconsumed by most people
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This would be my personal ideal day for 1,200 calories.

Breakfast 155 calories
    - poached egg in distilled white vinegar 77 calories
    - half wholemeal english muffin 70 calories
    - 2 slices of tomato 4 calories
    - ground pepper 1 calorie
    - peppemint tea 2 calories

Morning Snack 132 calories
    - diet yoghurt 52 calories
    - an apple 80 calories

Lunch 228 calories
    - Lettuce 10 calories
    -Tomato (half) 8 calories
    - Tuna in water (a cup) 165 calories
    - half carrot 15 calories
    - sweet chilli sauce 30 calories

Afternoon Snack 100 calories
    - 50g sweet potato chips 63 calories
    - airpopped popcorn (1 cup) 35 calories
    - can diet coke 2 calories

Dinner 460 calories
    - Pumkin and pine nut risotto on white rice 460 calories

Dessert 71 calories
    - weight watches carrot cake 71 calories

Supper 105 calories
    - Hot chocolate with soy milk 105 calories

There we go that's my attempt , it comes to 1200 calories EXACTLY! You won't get hungry at it comes out to
    36g fat
    62g protein
    168g carbs
    55g sugar
    600% of vitamin c
    100& of vitamin a
    50% iron
    50% calcium

so not perfect but pretty decent day :)
    50% calcium