new meisje

Options
hello everyone! i have just joined myfitnesspal because i am (finally!!!) getting married and i would really like to lose 10-15 pounds before the wedding (in april). although i am an american, i now live in europe and am finding certain things a bit tougher here! for example: 3-4 days a week i bike over an hour and a half to school and back! great for the fresh-air - not so great for my giant thighs! any tips on how to slim those down? i was thinking i should start running again, but as it is winter, it is really tough to work up the motivation to get out in the cold air ! (plus my legs are usually pretty tired from all that darn biking!)
as for my "diet", i have been able to abstain from delicious belgian chocolate for almost a whole month now! ...but i know i need to do more for the big day!
good luck to all of us!

Replies

• meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! i have just joined myfitnesspal because i am (finally!!!) getting married and i would really like to lose 10-15 pounds before the wedding (in april). although i am an american, i now live in europe and am finding certain things a bit tougher here! for example: 3-4 days a week i bike over an hour and a half to school and back! great for the fresh-air - not so great for my giant thighs! any tips on how to slim those down? i was thinking i should start running again, but as it is winter, it is really tough to work up the motivation to get out in the cold air ! (plus my legs are usually pretty tired from all that darn biking!)
    as for my "diet", i have been able to abstain from delicious belgian chocolate for almost a whole month now! ...but i know i need to do more for the big day!
    good luck to all of us!
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    its never too late... :smile:

ur always welcome on MFP....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    good luck to all of us!

ahh meisje:cry: I'm so sorry I somehow missed your post...I try and jump in each intro post I see and have no clue how I missed yours.:blushing: :noway:

Please accept a HUGE welcome now to MFP:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Forgive me for not saying hello when you first posted....I've been dealing with the flu and sometimes the top 25 threads (that's how many are showing at any given time(I think?)..then they begin to get bumped off the main thread board and can then get easily missed:blushing: ) threads move quickly at the time I see you originally posted...folks are getting on at work or waking up in the West....

not excuses...just making you aware of what perhaps happened ........ I've not seen many intro's missed, there are many of us that look for those in particular to welcome new folks aboard, just as we were warmly welcomed at the time we joined.:flowerforyou:

Please keep your heart and mind open to us....there are some of the kindest warmest folks here you'll ever meet:smooched:

Congrats on your upcoming Marriage:drinker: AND from staying away from the Belgian Chocolate Girl!!!:noway: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Lots of cycling threads on here...you can either do a search under 'community' to see other folks using that method to slim down or jump in and start a new thread in regards to that if you'd like. :happy:

It's very chilly here as well (I live in the Midwest in the US)....so I can't imagine working out ..outdoors....I workout at a gym and on my rest days, stretch and do Yoga and am in a MFP 100 pushup challenge (come join us meisje!:flowerforyou: ) so keep busy indoors on my rest days.

Once I get used to the cold perhaps I'll be able to go out walking again (then again I might skip that idea and just keep to the gym..:laugh: )....taking off weight....takes off the Winter insulation.....hey now I'm NOT complaining....just realizing how FREEZING I am since the 15degree mark has hit as a high. Brrrrrrrrrr:grumble: :noway:

Glad you're here.........always great to see a new face....:bigsmile:

jump right in....check out the tools....log the food you eat, the excercise, and of course read read read the newbie info on the main page.....so much helpful into ........... and questions are always welcome of course:drinker::flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    good luck to all of us!

Hummmmmmmm not sure why you didnt get may responses. Maybe the time difference???? :ohwell: Not sure.........sometimes I respond to the intros...sometimes I dont. Reason being, I'm at work most the time when I'm on here and I don't always have the time to read every post. Or I may be tied up in another conversation. But I try to do it when I can. And usually I know even if I can't the lovely MFP family members are usually quick to jump in and do it.:flowerforyou:

Anyhow..........know that you are welcome here......just jump in the posts and join the family. Ask questions someone will answer you. But know too that besides the time zone thing, there is a lot of posting going on some of them will be missed. Remember if you dont get an answer to reply to your own thread and just put a bump or a :flowerforyou: or :bigsmile: in the reply. Trust me I've posted many that don't get responses :grumble: :laugh: But I know it was not intentional. This is a very supportive community. :drinker:

Congrats on the wedding....:flowerforyou: :drinker: I am also getting married next June. :bigsmile: It's great to have ya here.:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Always glad to have another partner on the journey. We all have a different set of challenges but we do pretty well at pushing each other forward =)
    Where exaclty in Europe are you? I am assuming the chocolate comment was the big clue, but just in case I was wrong lol. I spent a couple of weeks in eastern europe and it was beautiful. Hungary, Czec republic and Austria. Anyway, just sending a warm welcome from this side of the pond and best of luck to you!