HUGE NSV... pics! What a difference 3 weeks makes!

Options
LATeagno
LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
OK, so, I've been on MFP for 116 days. In that time, I've lost 54 pounds. I knew I was losing weight, but I have a lot to lose (about 100 more pounds just from here on out, actually). I was getting really down because no one "noticed" my weight loss. I mean, 54 pounds? How can one lose that much weight and have it go unnoticed, right? Well, I've chalked it up to the fact that I have a lot to lose and maybe the next 50 will be more noticeable.

Anyway, I got up this morning and looked in my (gross-- sorry for the picture) bedroom mirror. I seriously looked at myself and saw a waist. I mean, I looked at my midsection and actually saw a defined waist. I thought to myself, "hmm, is this new?" So, I snapped a picture.

I compared it to a photo of me I'd taken a little less than three weeks ago. THREE WEEKS! In that amount of time, I've lost somewhere in the vicinity of 7 pounds. What astonished me is that I. Could. SEE. A. Difference. Not a huge difference, of course, but seriously-- there was the proof-- my waist is noticeably smaller than it was just three weeks ago. I've been really obsessed with wondering why I've lost 54 pounds and have still maintained my (ugh...awful) double chin. So much so, in fact, that I failed to give my midsection a good examining.

Sorry about the (gross) pictures of me in my underwear. I can't really show this without posting them. But seriously-- in three weeks, there are huge changes in my stomach/hips. It's so friggin' rewarding to see your hard work! (This also solidifies why I was able to buy a size 20 dress... when I wore a 24 just two months ago. Oh yeah-- my wedding dress is SO going to have to be taken in!)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share what a difference three weeks can make!

288tojm.jpg

Replies

• kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    317clqs.jpg
  • maryzcontrary
    Options
    that's great!! I see your waist !! Keep going, you can do it!! 54 lbs is still quit a bit of weight -- think of all the discipline you have had to practice and pat yourself on the back!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    Congratulations! There is a big difference, especially around your belly button. You go girl!
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Lol we must have changed th img code at the same time! I cant see the whole picture but even just that little bit, you can see a very noticible difference! Well done you!! keep going your doing fantastic!
  • fairyrock
    Options
    Welldone! I can certainly see a difference!
    You must be so proud of yourself for losing all that weight. Your an inspiration.
    Keep up the good work x
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    Keep up the good work, girl!! You can definitely see the difference.
  • cdc1995
    cdc1995 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It was very courageous to put yourself out there like that and it has inspired me even more to keep going.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I just wish I had a pic of me in my skivvies 54 pounds ago... I'll bet the difference would be even better! Oh well. It's so neat to actually look at yourself and say, "Hey, that's where I lost fat!" LOL!
  • beth651
    beth651 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes there is a difference, keep it up.
  • kateistoned
    Options
    Totally awesome! Definitely a noticeable difference!
  • esslgs
    esslgs Posts: 29
    Options
    Keep it up your Waisting Away!!!
  • brownmeka
    Options
    GREAT JOB! AND YOUR NOT ALONE. I'VE LOST 56 POUNDS ANS PEOPLE A JUST STARTING TO ASK ME "ARE YOU LOSING WIEGHT?", AND I'M THINKING YEAH I'VE LOST A WHOLE PERSON. LOL:laugh:
  • tigertown11
    Options
    on your way to MORE victory!! yeah!!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I see your waist too!!! Hourglass figure coming on! Awesome work!!
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Unless your walking around naked people won't notice it because you probably have the same clothing on from before. Go buy some new smaller stuff and they will notice.
  • mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are going to have a rockin hourglass figure! Awesome job!!
  • Mamato3cubs
    Options
    Awesome job, I can see a difference all over. Keep it up.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm so happy for you! :)
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    well done!!!!! Theres definitely a difference, and your belly button looks higher!! When are you due to get married?!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I can ABSOLUTELY tell a difference! You are a beautiful girl. You look great. Keep it UP!! I AGREE with buying something smaller and wearing it. I bet people will notice then...but more importantly...YOU notice it. it's all about YOU. Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!