SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo August 8

Options
Good morning! Happy Monday! (I hope!)

I am a bit of a zombie this morning because I was awake for two hours during the night. I think the stress/anxiety is getting to me. I didn't do anything on the house yesterday (not even dishes) so that is probably why I was stressed. I have a friend coming over this morning to help me get things moved around and a few more boxes packed. My goal this morning is to look alive (meaning fix my hair and put make up :laugh: ) and get the basics done, such as dishes and picking up the living room. Her little boy is coming over to play with Alex so that will be nice. He's a super great kid. Almost as great as Alex!:wink:
If I have time and energy I will do the gorilla app today. My legs didn't even bother me last night so YAY!
I hope you all have a great start to the week!
Short post boogaloo!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Glad your leg is doing better, MM.

My schedule for the day is teach one class, take two :bigsmile: The hard teacher is offering a 5 day intensive next spring. It will be 5 hours of yoga a day and not sitting around stretching either. So I have until March to get in really good shape. Maybe that's what I was thinking when I signed up for the bike ride/yoga fest on the same day. When I asked Charlie about the intensive, he said "that's almost a year away!". So that's what I'm like to live with:laugh: I like to plan.

I made a super awesome dish last night: black rice with mushrooms and watercress. I was going to make it for either of my guests coming this month, but I remembered that neither of them do mushrooms. Oh well, their loss.

Buff by March, boogaloo.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. Was having a good weekend until last night. Then some craziness ensued. I have got to TRUST that God has a plan and that nothing can derail me from it. I did make excellent food choices this week. I am down 8 pounds my first week back at it. I don't think I had any white flour at all. I know I didn't have white rice or potatoes. I didn't have a lot of sugar. If I did it was from fruit or simply not knowing something had sugar in it. I hope you all have a great week! Make that EXCEPTIONAL!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yay, Mummsy, yay! I love all my pebbs, but especially one we haven't seen in a while.

Pebbs, I am feeling super un-focused. I think I am suffering a bit from the overwhelmeds, and I always have trouble when one season is sort of winding down and another one is winding up. Mary, I have the same need/strong desire to plan, and my current life situation prevents it, so that causes stress for me. I'm thinking that my big goal right now needs to be in one day at a time mode.

In that spirit:

Today, I will:

Eat well, and drink plenty of water.
    Clean my work area, and ask my husband for feedback on some of my analysis within the chapter, and outline the conference paper.
    Go for a walk.

And, that's enough.

Enough for a day, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Mornin' guys.

I feel like I've been busy busy, and yet getting nothing done. :ohwell: So I can now add a spinning my wheels feeling on top of the limbo feeling. :laugh:

But I'm still moving forward. :smile:

I decided to change some things around, because what I was doing just was not working anymore. I made my daily calories 2,000. I'm thinking of that as my "cap" and my calories will be more of a range than a target. I'm going to try to put all my focus on eating for hunger and nutrition. I'm also going to stop logging my exercise calories, to separate in my mind success with food and success with fitness (and the idea that I need to have a "perfect" day for success). With this plan I should mostly be netting about the same as before, but it will be less stress on my mind.

Tomorrow is our appointment with the home inspector! So excited!

Goals today: To-do list, nutritious food, exercise.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have been living in a state of uncertainty now since April. I understand that feeling all to well and a one day at a time approach is certainly in order. I am on board with that. I have logged most of my food for the day. My sugar is a bit high due to fruit I think. I am having to yogurts but that is because I forgot to eat breakfast. That NEVER happens. What a goofball. Hope you all have a great and healthy day!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Update!

Mummsy! So glad to see you! Congrats on your weight loss! Did I mention I am happy to see you?:wink:

Mary, your long term goal sounds great! I plan way ahead too some times. Like when I told Steve a couple of months ago that if this girl Angelina is still up for adoption in a year then I want to go get her. His eyes got big and he said, "If you can come up with the $50k to get her then okay." :laugh: Hey, it could happen.

V, it is one day at a time for me too. I get the overwhelmeds if I think about it already being the Monday before we move! Yikes! I'm not getting much done!

Livi, your plan sounds good. I hope changing things up will help your eating become more of a lifestyle change for you, rather than a set of rules you have to follow to lose weight, and that you will lose weight and have greater confidence and energy!

I really need to get to work. I was doing good until my friend came over and then we sat and talked for two hours. She also brought me the P90X series to borrow for awhile until she's ready to try it again. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to try it out. She said to try it this afternoon but I don't see how I can even try it until after we move. I am honestly afraid to work out since I hurt my leg a couple of weeks ago. Moving has been a work out enough for me the last few days. I am tempted to do a little something for exercise other than packing because we are going out to eat tonight.
    I'm getting down to the nitty gritty in the packing process which I don't like to mess with so I am having hard time staying focused. I'm so close though! I never want to move again. If we do I want to sell all our stuff and start all over. :laugh:

I've got to move it, move it!
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Welcome back Mummsy!

My triceps are sore from yesterday. Dang gorilla. It's been awhile since I've done a traditional pushup.

Had a great dinner with my yoga teacher and our spouses last night. Hearing all about yoga classes in India was fascinating. She brought me some gifts too! Including a signed copy of one of the big guy's books. Still want to stay state side though. I like to eat veggies that aren't cooked.

Today: bike ride, gorilla workout, and yoga. The problem with the bike ride is where to go. If I hurry, I can make it a longish ride today.

Raw veggies, boogaloo.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Mary, my friend just left for India last Thursday. She's a pharmacist and going with a medical team to help children. She will leave from there and go to Africa to also work there. I look forward to hearing her stories, probably just as you enjoyed hearing from your teacher last night. Since going to Russia I wouldn't mind traveling to different places in the world...okay just a few places. :tongue:

Steve finally took the mustang in for the overheating problem, so I had to take him to the train station this morning so he could get to work. I'll have to pick him up later. I'm taking Alex to see his horse and then stopping by Sprout's to get some GFCF foods for him and my B-vitamins. No prayer meeting today so I will come home and get to work. Everyday I realize that I have more to do than I thought. I have goals to meet everyday but they seem to be taking longer to do than I realize. Today's goals are: start a box for the bathrooms' things, get as many of the boxes that are done to the downstairs pile (I have piles everywhere and this is confusing me. I need them to all be in one place. This is happening in the dining room which is making sitting at the table difficult), drink lots of water. I can't figure out if we really just have that much stuff or if I am just really slow. I think it's a combo. Once I get in a groove then I get a lot done, but getting into a groove is slow going. We went by the house again last night (just outside) to show some friends and I really really like the outside. :happy:

4 more days boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Well, apparently my one day at a time idea worked well.

I sat with the current chapter for a while, and realized that I can't finish it until I make the trip in early September. So, I moved on to the next thing and banged out nine pages (which was essentially all I needed to do to make my "finish this much by the time school starts" goal):happy: also yesterday I emailed my department and said "hey, what the heck am I doing, howzabout doing your job and getting it together (not exact quote)" it will probably do nothing, but it made me feel better. I included the statement "all of my colleagues who study in other departments have already signed their fall contracts". I just couldn't help myself. Mostly, since I will be away the first week of school, I want to be able to tell whoever I'm working for so we can make other arrangements. Due diligence, I have it.

So for today:
    More good eating and plenty of water.
    Teach a lesson in exchange for a Thai massage. Win!
    Do two work sessions on the new chapter/conference paper to get it more finished.

And, that's enough for me today. Special lady time has arrived and she's angry, so I'm not working out today. If the rain stops, I might ask to walk to dinner, but other than that, no pushing.

just enough for each day, boogaloo:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Stay cool with all that packing, MM. It's still crazy hot. Hot enough that you have to wear long sleeves rather than short sleeves when you go outside in the afternoon. I understand why people wear long robes in dessert countries; I don't understand why some of them are black.

Anyhoo, today is teach and take yoga, and hopefully a walk.

I'm still working on not snacking. It's still very difficult. I find the authoritative advice given on some of the threads very annoying. You MUST lift weights, or eat 6 times a day, or eat breakfast, or whatever. First off, it's not true. I know some people that never eat breakfast or lift weights, and are strong, thin, people (my father, for example, is in fantastic shape and doesn't do either). I'm just picking stuff out of my head, no specific thread I've seen. I think somethings work for some people, some for others. I tried, for too long, to do the "eat 5-6 times a day". If I snack, I eat a lot. I'm not good at limiting quantity. I can eat 400 calories worth of fruit, no problem. All this to say, some of the threads bother me and not snacking is hard :laugh:

had to get it out, boogaloo.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Good morning,

V, I hope you get an answer soon about your schedule. That would drive me crazy too. How was your massage?

Mary, I agree about the "rules" not fitting everyone. We are all made differently and function differently. I just wish I remembered what I was doing when I lost 20 pounds 3 years ago so I could do it again. :tongue: I was on to something and I lost it.

Livi, how are you? Did that window ever get fixed? Maybe for good this time?

Mumssy, how are you doing today?

CP, WL, and Niccole, come back! Check in!

Steve got "mad" at me last night because I am rushing to get everything done when we still have a week (two weeks, but one without electricity or water) to work on it after the big moving day. I asked him, "Do YOU want to come over here every evening after work and clean the house and haul more stuff over to the new house? Because I'm going to have a job to do at the new house too." His answer, "No but I will." He paid for the electricity and water for an extra week so we wouldn't have to hurry. And I'm thankful. I'm still going to need 2-3 days to clean the house and shampoo the carpets. But I hope I don't need all week. I will be wanting to set up the new house and unpack. So I guess I won't worry about cleaning as I go along and just get things packed. :grumble: Also our lawn mower has been acting retarded, so Steve worked on it last night. Well, now it's worse. When will we learn? :ohwell: So he's panicking because the lawn is huge and we have no mower. He also hates mowing and thinks there is no way we can keep it up. I used to mow a lawn that big when I was in college. It takes about 60-90 minutes to mow depending on how tall I let it get, and it will take probably an hour or so to edge and weed eat. It will take some time but we can do it. Still, if he opts to hire someone, go for it! :laugh:
    Sorry, I'm rambling. Alright, goals for today (making them up as I am typing): lots of water (didn't do it yesterday), get more boxes together downstairs, pack as much as possible, and try to do something with my son for a bit.
    Yesterday I literally hauled 30 packed boxes down the stairs! I was sweating, and got a good work out. I am not too horribly sore today, so that's good. I got all the upstairs closets mostly cleaned out. Just some clothes left.

Light at the end of the tunnel boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Mary, I know exactly what you mean about "The rules" . Anybody purporting to know "The rules" for Everybody drives me bonkers. We're all different and we all have lots of emotional, and psychological, and physical stuff that makes us very complicated, so there's no one set of rules. That's why I stay off of the boards primarily. Also a lot of people giving out "rules" are giving out prescriptions for crazy, IMHO.

The massage was good, but I'm still pretty sore from it. We found buried "tension treasure" that was pretty painful to work on. I feel looser, but a bit sore. I also ended up brain dead from it, so the rest of the day was a bit of a wash. No work was accomplished. Since Monday was particularly productive, I feel OK about this. We decided to do the same trade again next week, so that can make Tues/Thurs my muscle release/relaxing days and the rest of the week my activity days. I'm still looking for balance.:wink: My main reason that I'm freaking out about my schedule is I don't want to lose Thursday as yoga day. I neeeeed Thursday yoga day, so I don't want to work on that day.

Today is:
    Some listening on the subway
    some walking to and from the subway
    one writing/editing session (to commence shortly)
    therapy, then a meeting with a colleague

and that's enough.

Making up my own rules as I go along, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Good morning,

Is it just me or this week dragging by? I guess I need it to since I'm not all packed yet. Seems like it should already be Friday.

I did sleep a little better last night. Still woke up and tossed and turn for a while but slept more than not! So I should have bundles of energy today right? (My smiley button is working again.)
    I did not get much done yesterday. At least it doesn't seem like I did. I packed probably 6 boxes or so. I can tell lady time is coming quickly so I need to get as much done this week as I can. Next week I may not want to do much. Today is more of the same (packing and cleaning) and also trying not to eat as much. I am packing on the pounds even though I am more active than I usually am. ???
    The cat seems to be doing better about throwing up since I raised her bowl up about 3 inches (someone said this helps them swallow and with digestion) and changed her food to "digestive care". I hope it has helped long term. I know she's stressed out about the changes in the house because she stays in our room which is the one room that hasn't had furniture taken apart or rearranged yet.
    Oh and the Mustang went back to the shop so I have no car to go to the store today. It will have to wait till tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do about food over the next 2-3 days. I don't want to buy processed foods but I won't have time to cook or have anything unpacked. I've been living off sandwiches for about three weeks (okay not completely but a lot) and I'm wondering if that's where the added weight is coming from. I don't like eating that much bread. I need to get more creative.

Creative foods boogaloo.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Hope you don't lose yoga day, V. That's the only restorative yoga day?

One of my favorite gifts to myself is having someone do my lawn. It's $38 a visit, and I do every other week. He does late April-late November (though you could get away with stopping in October). 7 months x $76 a month = $532. If you think about buying, and up keep on the equipment...

Today, I have plumbers coming this morning to finish the job from last week. Also an electrician coming this afternoon to update the panel so it can handle both the 21st century and the solar panels. The power will be off this afternoon. I will slowly turn the AC down today, so I don't wilt this afternoon. Every time I thought of something I could do, I was arrested by the lack of power: yoga with a fan on, nope; cooking, nope; vacuuming, nada. So I decided I would pretend I was in one of those lack of air movement yoga classes where it slowly gets hotter and hotter. I'm going to try to get vacuuming in this morning so I can mop this afternoon. I could use a broom, if I get desperate ;)
    I'm going to walk this morning with the treadmill, tv, and ac. Oh, and teach at class as well. Better not forget.

Electricity, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning, pebbs.

Mary, there is one other special practices class, but it is full. I could probably ask very nicely and get moved to it, but it's also at a less desirable time. I do like to keep my routine, as I am a creature of rituals. I am actually seriously considering filing a union grievance with the department, as they are breaking lots of rules with this scheduling thing. I have to decide if I'm up to being th Norma Rae of the department right now. I decided at dinner that I have a three-fold life philosophy: be kind, do good work, and prevent needless suffering. I think that this scheduling stuff comes under the heading of "needless suffering".

Anyways, today is:
    No sugar, as yesterday involved a cookie and one of those deadly frozen coffee milkshake things from Starbucks.
    Yoga, farmers market, and walking home.
    More writing and resume polishing (I've been avoiding the latter, and it needs to be finished).
    And, that's enough for anybody.

No sugar today, boogaloo. (flowers for everybody!)
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Quick post as I need to get busy.

I struggled getting much done yesterday. I had a bad headache as a storm moved through. A storm that brought dust and wind but no rain. :( It also brought cooler temps for a couple of hours. It was back into the 90's before evening though. Several people were disappointed that we were two days short of breaking the record for longest streak of 100 + temps. Shoot. Give me cooler weather any day.
    I had another headache throughout the night and this morning. Ugh. Do not need this today. It seems to be a little better after taking some medicine. My two goals today: pack up the whole house and not eat 6 peanut butter cookies that a friend brought over last night with a meal. I had six last night. They aren't even the best cookies, so I need to not eat very many....or any.
    We are going to get the keys to the house tonight and do the walk thru while Steve mows the lawn. Probably the only time he will ever do it. Ha ha! We will probably also take the camaro over there and Alex's bed pieces so they don't get scratched. We are starting the move at 7am which means I need to be up by six and finishing up the packing. Fun!

Pack it up, move it out boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Enjoy your move workout, MM.

Yesterday I got another water workout in. Today, I need to get moving so I can get on the bike. I also have to teach a class at noon, then group practice tonight. Also need to clean the house. Should get plenty of activity in today.

Small complaint about the the gorilla workout - supposed to be able to be done anywhere - yesterday's exercise had a chin up (didn't do gorilla yesterday's, probably won't do any today either). Also, while men may be able to do three chin ups, I don't know a single woman that can do one. But I guess that's a moot point since I don't have a chin up bar nearby.

Friday, boogaloo.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Morning, pebbs

Did well yesterday. Didn't find anything at really spoke to me at the farmers market (this year it's very treat/prepared food/lotions and soaps heavy) so I just walked around a bit. The heat has broken a bit here, too. It's awesome, but also a bit sad, because the air has fall in it. I want the summer to last forever this year.

Today is:
    Three work sessions
    Monkeys in between (that is a drag about chin ups. The app very clearly promised "no equipment". Boo. Also, I need to restart the first week, as I haven't been able to complete the workouts all the way yet. Baby steps.)
    Some light errands.

Working on the CV. I'm to the point of making it look really perfect. Ugh. Details, I am not good at them.

And that's enough for a Friday in the sadly dwindling summer, boogaloo. . . .flower for you :)
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Quick post! It's moving day! And it's raining a lot! Ha ha ha! Lots and lots to do. Steve and Ron packed half the house in the truck last night which is great! We didn't get a big enough truck so it will take two trips. I gotta get busy. I might check back in later.

Leaving the rat-hole boogaloo!
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Well, I'm glad someone is getting rain. I'm jealous.

Today, I'm having dinner guests. I'm biking to the store and hoping for time this afternoon to practice yoga. I still have cleaning to do as well as bake an angel food cake (never tried this before, though I do have a pan - so I figured I should use it) and get the rest of the food ready.

Please send rain, boogaloo.