Is this right?

42hockeymom
42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
Jumped on the scale today, just to for spits & giggles. Down another 2.5 lbs? Really? Can this be right? I am keeping my carbs in the 100g range. Could this really be helping too?

Replies

• lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    when did u last weigh?
  • I'm jealous, I want that weight-loss of yours!
    Did you do anything else beside the carbs ? If you didn't, it can be that
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    When you first start a new way of life the weight usually drops quickly, part because of shock to the system and part of it water weight. It could very well be right but, just don't be discouraged when it slows down.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    When you first start doing this the weight may shed off your body quickly. The first couple of weeks you may lose quite a bit. But then it will slow down to the 1-2lbs per week. But when it does, don't be discouraged!! Excellent news so far! Keep up the good work!
  • Weight can fluctuate daily. There is a lot of different factors to take in, time of day, water gain, etc. I weigh myself periodically through the week and it changes all the time. When it comes to the weight I actually log, I weigh every Monday morning around the same time, this helps to be a little more consistent.

As far as being down 2.5lbs that is completely possible. How many calories are you eating a day and when did you last weigh in? When you change you eating habits to being healthy and eating the right amount of calories a day, it is a shock to the body and some people do tend to drop a lot of pounds at the beginning, it is normal and it will eventually balance itself out.

A few year back I did weight watchers in the first week I lost 5 lbs and continued to have 4-5 lb weight losses for the first several weeks because I had drastically changed my eating habits and I was (still am) a larger person. Eventually the weight loss evened out to be the normal 1-2 lbs a week.

Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the good work!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    I weighed yesterday, but this morning I figured I'd jump up just cuz. I'm eating in the 2000 ragne, I do have a lot of weight to lose. I am making sure to spread my calories around smartly. We had lunch today at Olive Garden. I researched the menu last night so I had an idea of what I was going to order and had a couple of choices. All things I really like too. I am exercising by walking and will be starting back up with my weight training once my shoulder is done with it's little flare up.

I do know that this won't be going on forever. *sigh* (I'm one of thos instant gratification girls) and I know that this is not going to be a short term diet, it's a lifestyle change. I've done the WW thing too and had success. I am feeling better, I wonder if it's my blood sugar. I'm going to have to have it tested, when it was done earlier this year, it was high, not diabetic high, but it was high. I've worked in the medical field for a lot of years, I have see HIGH blood sugar.

Also, I'm doing this while my husband is gone, when he comes home, that's a whole different ball game! That'll be interesting! The man lives on Mountain Dew & Marlboros! He is supportive, don't get me wrong, but he also doesn't like change LOL. So we shall see.
This discussion has been closed.