Leading Ladies Challenge - Week 2 - (Closed Group)

defygravity531
defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
edited September 30 in Motivation and Support
Welcome to Week 2 of the Leading Ladies Challenge!

So far I have 10 of the 15 weights. Amongst the 10 of us we've lost 17 pounds! So far mabug01 and I are tied for the most weight lost (3.4 pounds each!). BUT someone might beat us once I have all the results.

Now I will caution you all (and myself as well!) to NOT LET UP! If you lost 1 pound this week, your body is just dying to have that one pound back. DONT GAIN IT BACK!

So step it up this week and show your body who's in charge of this weight loss. I know you can do it!! :)

Today's question: What are you most looking forward to about being at your goal weight?

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Yay! great job, ladies!!

Today's question: What are you most looking forward to about being at your goal weight?

To be DONE with weight loss altogether and go into maintenance (mmm...extra calories!). It's been a long, long road and honestly, I just wanna be done. I'm not sure if I'll ever be entirely comfortable with my body, even at 105, but I guess there's no way to find out unless I get there ;)
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    What am I looking forward to about being at my goal weight? That's a really good question.

1. Being smaller than I have been in about 25 years, close to high school weight.
    2. Knowing that I am no longer considered obese
    3. Being able to shop anywhere I want to for clothes
    4. Knowing I did what it took to reduce my risk of a heart attack and of getting diabetes. Knowing my kids don't have to worry about my health the way I worry about my parents.
    5. Being smaller than my sister in law who always parades around like the queen of sheba at family events. Knowing I did the hard way and she paid for her tummy tuck.
    6. Feeling what it will feel like to be in my husbands arms, smaller than I have ever been in our marriage. Seeing myself thru his eyes. (I really can't wait for this one)

WoW! I'm really glad you asked this question, there are all the reasons I need to get off my butt and push play and stay away from all the candy in this house. Thanks for re awaking my motivation!!!!!!!!
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    This is a really good question!

I think the thing I am looking forward to the most is the satisfaction in knowing that I did this for me!
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    I finally broke through my plataeu this week!! I have been trying to get out of the same range for 3 months, and I finally did it. Hopefully, I can continue this loss.

I started a program recently that focuses a lot on stregthening the arms. I have already noticed a diiference when I pick up my children. I love getting stronger! I have also noticed that I have a lot more energy since I started this whole journey. At my goal weight, I should be a lot more fit (more muscle) and have even more energy.
  • LauraU8
    LauraU8 Posts: 5 Member
    Feeling good and healthy is my goal. :smile:
  • LauraU8
    LauraU8 Posts: 5 Member
    That is awesome!
    Slow and steady is definately the way to go!
    Congrats to you and good luck during your final drive to your goal !
  • ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member

I am looking forward to knowing I will be a healthy girl, lowering my risk of major health issues that comes from being overweight. My WHOLE family is and has always been on the bigger side. They all have diabetes (type 2) High Blood Pressure, some have suffered from strokes (including my dad) I have seen this all first hand and I NEVER want to put myself in those situations. Life is wonderful gift, and I want to enjoy it as long as I can healthy and happy!
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    im looking forward to being happy and confident and looking good. Most of all showing everyone that i lose the weight and can keep it off .
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    I am most looking forward to buying a new wardrobe of beautiful clothing in sizes that don't have a W or an X after them.
  • defygravity531
    I'm nost looking forward to being completely comfortable in public and not feeling like I always need to hold my stomach in. I can't wait to put clothes on and just have them fit effortlessly and not have to camoflage anything!!

TUESDAY'S QUESTION!

When it's late evening, after dinner, and you've used up all your calories for the day but you still want to munch on something, what do you do? How do you stop yourself from de-railing your whole day?
  • defygravity531
    OH! I've decided not to wait for the additional weigh ins. 11 of the 15 of us have weighed in this week. Together, we've kicked 17.6 pounds to the curb. FOREVER!!! I don't know about you, but I don't EVER plan on "finding" the weight I lost this week! :)

mabug01 and I tied for the most weight lost in this particular week. But maybe next Monday it will be you!!

Keep up the good work, ladies!!
  • PBmaria
    TUESDAY'S QUESTION!

When it's late evening, after dinner, and you've used up all your calories for the day but you still want to munch on something, what do you do? How do you stop yourself from de-railing your whole day?

Fortunately, this doesn't happen too often since I eat dinner at 5 and I'm going to bed by 9:30 so it's not enough time to get terribly hungry (except for Mondays...my, how I hate them).
    When it does happen, though, I get cranky and just go to bed earlier than usual.
  • KimAggie04
    Question of the Day:

I do a few things. If I can, I may exercise a little more, so I can have that small snack. I often give my self a break and eat a small piece of dark chocolate, which always seems to help. It doesn't take much because it's so rich, and it is fairly low in calories. (I have turned into a huge fan of dark chocolate!) My last option is to brush my teeth! Sometimes that keeps me from wanting to snack.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    QOTD: I do different things depending on the situation. For instance, I keep celery and carrots around if I want to much. Sometimes I can get by on water with lemon or herbal tea. Mostly it is a mental game and I encourage myself to be tough and wait for the next day. :smile:

Thanks for posting the results! I was surprised to be up there with Samantha. I'm been having a few tough days staying on track this week, but I plan to clean up my act and go for the top loser again! I wish everyone good luck and success this week.
  • defygravity531
    Good morning, Leading Ladies!

This morning's been a little rough for me. My Pepere was taken to the hospital last night and apparently my Memere fell and hit her head while she was trying to get to the phone to call 911. Right now I think they are both stable (I think... I don't have much info), and it's a wait-and-see kind of thing. I'm nervous but I'm trying not to worry too much until I know something concrete.

I've been a little less strict with my eating this week because I've been so darn busy. I've been eating the right things, just too much of them. I'm walking a 5K tomorrow with my coworkers so hopefully that will help.

QUESTION: How do you prefer to work out? Alone? At a class in a big group? Outside? Inside? With headphones in or while talking to a friend?

I'm a super extrovert, but I prefer to work out alone, in the zone, with my headphones in and dance music pumping in my ears. I focus better this way and can pay more attention to what I'm doing. I also use exercise as meditative, thinking-time, so I don't like to be distracted by other people.
  • PBmaria
    Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that! I hope they both recover quickly!! Sending all my good energy your way!

QUESTION: How do you prefer to work out? Alone? At a class in a big group? Outside? Inside? With headphones in or while talking to a friend?

Well, 4 out of 6 workouts are runs so I do it alone since my husband doesn't like to run in the morning. He is also faster than me (the *kitten*!) and I don't wanna mess up his training by slowing him down. I used to run by time instead of miles, so I'd just go with a watch and my thoughts. Now that I've crossed to the dark side and have a smart phone (it's actually my husband's, but you wouldn't know it haha!), I use Runkeeper to track my miles...and since I wear headphones, I listen to Pandora cuz why not. On long runs, I listen to NPR's This American Life and I looveeeee it!

On cross training days, I like to watch tv while I work out. Otherwise I get kinda bored.
    I wish I had a gym that offered classes. Kickboxing is SO much fun!!!
  • ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member

I like to do it all..I love going to group classes such as kickboxing, and spin. Some days when I am in a group class I find my self pushing my limits more and more. I never want to feel like a wink link so I go hard all the time. But I do have my days where I like to just workout by myself, especially when I have a lot on my mind. It just feels good to go running or walking somewhere to just think.
  • KimAggie04
    I am sorry to hear that Samantha. I hope they are ok and will recover quickly.

My favorite workout is lap swimming. Although I haven't been able to do that in a year. I'd love to have a friend to help push me, but I don't have any friends who are seriously working out on a regular basis. I enjoy working out in classes occasionally or alone at home doing exercise videos.
  • defygravity531
    Good morning to you all! And happy Thursday!

I have to admit to you all, I almost ruined this week. I had a great loss last week, and then as soon as this week started I was lazy. I was only half-trying. Not acceptable!! So I'm pretty sure I've bounced back enough that I'll see at least a small loss on the scale tomorrow, but I wanted to point out that THIS GROUP is the reason I bounced back at all. Being accountable to you all is what makes me push just a little bit harder than I otherwise would. So thanks!!

I have one other personal question: I have an htc EVO smart phone. Does anyone know of any good apps that will help me track my mileage without buying a fancy gadget.

Ok, today's QUESTION:

Over the next 3 days, what, specifically, are you going to do to lose weight? Planning out the specifics on a small scale can really help. For example, if I state out loud or write down the fact that I'm going to peel and chop the bag of carrots I have in my fridge tonight to make them conveniently available, then I'm much more likely to do it than if I just kept it as an "oh yeah, I should do that" kind of thought.
  • PBmaria
    That's what we're here for. You WILL lose the weight you want so don't ever give up!!

As far as the mileage, use Runkeeper. I love it and it's free! :)

Over the next 3 days, what, specifically, are you going to do to lose weight?

Well, I always plan my meals a day ahead and it really helps because it convinces me that's all the food there is for the day! Tomorrow, I am doing 35-45 minutes on the elliptical. Saturday, I am doing 60 minutes on the arc trainer and I do a small ab workout. Sunday, I am running 10 miles again and I'll include a hill or two. I think I'll be home alone on Sunday and I am telling you right now, I will NOT eat out of boredom. There, I said it. I'll report back on that haha.
This discussion has been closed.