Awesome Bean Salad!!!

Options
So...my wife and I are trying to find some healthier food choices and she found this yesterday. The bean salad is good on it's own, mixed with other greens and great over eggs for breakfast. It's also pretty low in calories once you weigh out a serving. Let me know what you think. Here's the link to the recipe.

http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/black-bean-salad.php

forgot this....we took out the avocado because they tend to get funky if you don't eat them right away.

Replies

• lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I made something very similar today. I also added a chopped red pepper, lime zest, shredded iceberg and a bit of grated cheese. Tbsp of half fat sour cream as a dressing and that was my lunch.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Sounds a lot like my South Western Black Bean Salad. I make this constantly for BBQ's, it s a big hit!

Had it last night on top of rice, my version is 271 cals per serving and you MUST enjoy the avocado, it makes the entire salad!

Here's my photo;

beans.jpg
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I actually make a variation of this recipe and everyone always loves it... the only difference is that the dressing calls for a little EVOO. I've tried to make it without the olive oil but it turns out too salty... I'll give this one a shot because maybe I was missing something. Thanks for posting.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Sounds a lot like my South Western Black Bean Salad. I make this constantly for BBQ's, it s a big hit!

Had it last night on top of rice, my version is 271 cals per serving and you MUST enjoy the avocado, it makes the entire salad!

Here's my photo;

beans.jpg

Could you post the ingredients for this, it looks lovely. I've been looking for a bean salad recipe for a while now. THanks! :flowerforyou:
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the replies, great ideas here :-)