SBF...November 25

Options
Hello? Where is everybody? I miss you guys!
My day has been interesting. I am trying to get things ready for our trip and I ran errands yesterday so I wouldn't have to get out today. I am making special cornbread dressing for Alex to eat this weekend, and I open the gluten free corn meal bag and there's a big bug right on the top! EWWW! So I had to run out, take it back and get a new one. The store isn't that close, so it's a pain. And Alex threw the biggest temper tantrum since February all because he wanted to wear his heavy jacket and not his light one. I made him wear his light one since he would have gotten hot in the other. He's okay now and I feel I have the upper hand! Ha ha!
My goal for working out this week is not working! I did drink all my water yesterday which was a goal I was thinking of doing this week, so I may have to change it to that. Or I may just have to start next week.
Goals for the day:
drink all my water
clean
pack
bake
I hope you all have a good day!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hello? Where is everybody? I miss you guys!
    My day has been interesting. I am trying to get things ready for our trip and I ran errands yesterday so I wouldn't have to get out today. I am making special cornbread dressing for Alex to eat this weekend, and I open the gluten free corn meal bag and there's a big bug right on the top! EWWW! So I had to run out, take it back and get a new one. The store isn't that close, so it's a pain. And Alex threw the biggest temper tantrum since February all because he wanted to wear his heavy jacket and not his light one. I made him wear his light one since he would have gotten hot in the other. He's okay now and I feel I have the upper hand! Ha ha!
    My goal for working out this week is not working! I did drink all my water yesterday which was a goal I was thinking of doing this week, so I may have to change it to that. Or I may just have to start next week.
    Goals for the day:
    drink all my water
    clean
    pack
    bake
    I hope you all have a good day!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I feel so alone!!!:sad:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry, MM. . .I've been on strike duty all day.

I'm going to do upper body weights tonight, probably while watching biggest loser. I just finished a 30 minute walk.

But hey, where's everybody? I know Mary's on the train. . .but where are the rest of our SBFers?:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    So, my fun discovery of the day:

Last year for Christmas, I got 10 lb dumbbells. I did my weights workout today at home, and discovered that they're officially too light for me! I used to use them only on the exercises I could lift the heaviest on, and now they are too light for virtually everything.

So, without me really paying attention to it. . .I've gotten a lot stronger over the past 11 months. Yay!:drinker:

(sorry, feeling very celebratory.) I guess I'll have to do weights at the gym from now on. . .
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sorry, ladies - I'm still lurking. Being sick really took the wind out of my sails last week, plus I had a LOT of catching up to do at work and am still digging myself out of it. I finally think I am on the mend... but tonight I can't sleep! So I figured I might as well get up and do my pushups. I also went to aerobics yesterday for the first time since being back, so that was good. Unfortunately, being sick also meant that I didn't get any school work done last week - so I am freaking a little and trying to get back on track now. It is really hard to get myself out of the house when it is cold and snowy. I treated myself to a big cookie at the coffee shop since I managed to will myself there to do work - but that was probably dumb. Winter makes me want to eat and hibernate. :frown:

Congrats on the 10lb weights being too light, Viv - I only have 3 and 5 pounders, and there are some exercises (stupid Jillian back and shoulder exercises!) that even the 5lbs are too heavy for me. I love cornbread stuffing, MM - but a bug? Ick!

Oh, Vivia, I just read your blog - thanks for sharing your story! You're amazing! :flowerforyou: