Just Dance 2

Options
okkk so I've been mixing in Wii Just Dance 2 to make exercising a little more interesting. I read different things online that says divide the amount of sweat points by 4.2 and thats how many calories you burn.. I did 5 songs and had 2048 sweatpoints so if I divide that by 4.2 I get 455 calories??? Is that even right??!!

Is someone else doing this??

Replies

• tangerine202
    Options
    Ohh where did you read that at? I do Just Dance 2 as well but have no idea how to track it
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking my calories by doing "Dance, general" in the MFP.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM, so I wear it while using Just Dance2. Sweatpoints are always wayyyy over what I burned. It will say I earned 1000 Sweatpoints, when my HRM says i burned 130 cals and that's WITH the jumping jacks,etc. I do between songs.
  • jdas00
    jdas00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I use just dance 2, I just add it to general dance and for however long I danced for which is not even close to what you got. I figure what is already in the system for dance would be good enough. Hope this helps.
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM and I generally burn 15-25 cals per song depending in the intensity. I'm 5'5" and 147, if that helps.
  • kayler00
    kayler00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just bough Just Dance 1 - I am excited to get it in the mail! Hopefully tomorrow. =)
  • jesskahh87
    jesskahh87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    this is the site I first read it on but I google'd it and the same thing came up over and over

http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x38774x37278710
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do the same, use "Dance, general"
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    How many calories does each song on Just Dance burn?
    Each Just Dance song burns roughly 20 calories, but will vary depending on how much movement goes on during the Just Dance routine (they are ranked with images of sweat drops on a 1-3 level of difficulty) and how long the actual song is.

The songs with 3 sweat drops burn around 23 calories a song, while the songs with a ranking of only one sweat drop burn around 18.

If you want to burn more calories playing Just Dance, there are lots of things you can do to up the workout factor. In between songs, while you wait for the game to load, do jumping jacks, push ups, or sit ups. If you make a conscious effort to keep moving in what would otherwise be wait-time of the game, you can really get a good workout out of it.

according to : http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-30-Minutes-of-Just-Dance-Burn-Calories-Burned-Per-Just-Dance-Song/4n/