food scales

Jelleebean
Jelleebean Posts: 212
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
wasn't quite sure which section to put this in, was either here, or food and nutrition... so, i landed here.
does anyone know where to get a decent food scale that won't cost an arm and a leg? one can only use measuring cups for so much. kinda hard to measure out a proper portion of chicken in a measuring cup :)

thanks in advance.

Replies

• Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    I had an old WW scale I've had for years, but am wanting a new one myself. I found some online in Walmart... various prices...
    http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=food+scale&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

You can probably get them just about anywhere.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Eat smart food scale from amazon. They might have it the stores but that's where I got mine. I love it and have been using it everyday for over a year.
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    I bought the biggest loser one from Bed Bath and Beyond for $20...works great and use it every day!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
    Im looking to buy one too, interested in the replies
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    2 days ago I asked the same question on my page, Digital is the best and I found Walmart.com had them very cheap and the next cheapest was bed bath & beyond for $20.00

I looked on Ebay and they were way to much esp after shipping and It's not brand new so I would try Walmart or maybe Meijers?
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    I bought mine from Amazon. My parents got their's from WW.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Eat smart food scale from amazon. They might have it the stores but that's where I got mine. I love it and have been using it everyday for over a year.

this is what I have, when I got mine it was $25 so free shipping. there are cheaper ones on there as well.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    i just got the "Biggest Loser" food scale from walmarts website
    it's only 18 bux
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 425 Member
    Try amazon.com. I got mine from there pretty cheap and it works for what I need it for! Or bed bath & beyond would have them for a decent price.
  • I bought mine at Wal-Mart for $7 dollars. It works great and measures in both grams and ounces.
  • KeeleySue
    KeeleySue Posts: 158
    I have an Oxo Food Scale from Target. Cost me $30.
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    thanks for the replies... looks like i have a trip to walmart in my future... there's a Kitchen stuff plus not far from here, but, the cheapest one i spoted on their website was about 30 bux... seemed a little silly for something so simple. i'll do some scoping around see what i come up with... nice to have some ideas though

thanks all and happy travels to your destinations :) wherever that may be.
This discussion has been closed.