high protein breakfast?

Options
jalopes
jalopes Posts: 20 Member
Hi everyone,
does anyone have good ideas for a healthy breakfast that is high in protein but does NOT include eggs?
i need to eat breakfast more often, dont want to load up on carbs, and can't stomach eggs first thing in the AM.......help please?

Replies

• jalopes
    jalopes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    does anyone have good ideas for a healthy breakfast that is high in protein but does NOT include eggs?
    i need to eat breakfast more often, dont want to load up on carbs, and can't stomach eggs first thing in the AM.......help please?
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Plain lowfat yogurt or oatmeal with nuts and protein powder?
    Whole grain cereal with nuts and milk or soy milk?
    Whole grain pancakes?

I'm just learning to increase my protein myself (but I don't mind eggs in the morning).
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon! Milk/soymilk. Peanut butter.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    smoothie :flowerforyou:
  • 123purple
    Options
    I eat this all the time for breakfast and really enjoy it. A cup of cottage cheese mixed with pineapples.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me about a breakfast his mom used to make. It sounded gross to me at first, but now...I love it.

Half Cottage Cheese, half yogurt. You pick what brand, fat content, ect...based on your needs...

I top it with fruit or grape nut trail mix cereal or my home made granola. SO YUMMY!!! :happy:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I do Quaker weight control oatmeal (has more protein--more calories than regular oatmeal too, but I don't mind), with a TBSP of nuts, TBSP of raisins (or sometimes half a banana), and a 1/4 cup milk. It gives me 11 g protein.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    High protein pancakes

Combine in blender

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1/2 cup ff cottage cheese

Blend until smooth. Cook in skillet sprayed with Pam.

Top with sugar free syrup.
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I love 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie whole grain bread toasted with 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter on each slice. Yum! This bread is low in carb and the peanut butter stays with you.
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean cereal + skim milk + sprinkle of almonds. I have this 5x per week as my preworkout snack/2nd breakfast.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    How about quinoa, It has 6g of protein per serving. www.quinoa.net has recipes.
    Kelly
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    High protein pancakes

Combine in blender

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup egg beaters

Ive made similar pancackes before...they are very good! Sometimes i will top them with berries instead of the SF syrup..very good too!

They freeze very well too!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    High protein pancakes

Combine in blender

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup egg beaters

Ive made similar pancackes before...they are very good! Sometimes i will top them with berries instead of the SF syrup..very good too!

They freeze very well too!

I forgot to mention that I mix 1/2 cup berries with 1/4 cup sugarfree syrup. Put it in the microwave to warm and the berries burst. Poured over the pancakes & it's feels like cheating.
  • ryvita
    ryvita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like rolled oats, egg whites, mixed berries, tiny bit of Splenda. Cooks really fast, I top it with a tbsp of peanut butter. Yummmm
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I bought Genisoy Protein Powder and when I want to add some protein I add a scoop to cereal, oatmeal, chocolate milk, ok in yogurt, didnt like it in cottage cheese.

i have even added it to snack pack LF sugar free chocolate pudding
    ( this is what nutrisystem and other do!)

Also Special K has a cereal with a lot of protein!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Ham and Pineapple
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me about a breakfast his mom used to make. It sounded gross to me at first, but now...I love it.

Half Cottage Cheese, half yogurt. You pick what brand, fat content, ect...based on your needs...

I top it with fruit or grape nut trail mix cereal or my home made granola. SO YUMMY!!! :happy:
    I LOVE THIS!!! I do 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese, Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt 1/3 cup, and 1 cup pears!! MMMMMM!!!!!!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Cottage cheese with pretty much any fruit you like!

Sometimes I do a roll-up with lean turkey and cheese