Acronym Help

Options
nekosimba
nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
I'm new to MFP and I have noticed in the Success Stories the acronym NSV is used a lot. I'm trying to figure out what is means. Can someone help me out?

Sorry, feel a little dumb posting this...

But to make it fun, is there an acronym you use a lot on a daily basis that other people might not know what your talking about?
~I work in the computer industry creating websites, and I use the acronym IE all the time (Internet Explorer). I catch myself saying it to clients and have to correct myself because they don't know what I'm talking about.

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory.

Basically progress measured by something other than weight. Could be fitting into a new size of clothes or attracting more attention from the opposite sex.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and I have noticed in the Success Stories the acronym NSV is used a lot. I'm trying to figure out what is means. Can someone help me out?

Sorry, feel a little dumb posting this...

But to make it fun, is there an acronym you use a lot on a daily basis that other people might not know what your talking about?
    ~I work in the computer industry creating websites, and I use the acronym IE all the time (Internet Explorer). I catch myself saying it to clients and have to correct myself because they don't know what I'm talking about.
    You've already had NSV defined. :)

I spent 10 years working at AOL in tech support then software development. IE is a given.

There's also:

WAD - working as designed
    API - application program interface
    GUI - graphical user interface
    CPU - central processing unit
    FTP - file transfer protocol
    ISP - internet service provider
    NIC -network interface card
    RAM - random access memory
    ROM - read only memory
    OEM - original equipment manufacturer

I could go on and on. LOL