hey there! looking to lose over 100 lbs, ditched weight watc

Options
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi, I have been "on" weight watchers just not doing it because i cant deal with the points and stuff. i want to know what i am eating and how many cals it has not just how many points it is...from bayonne, nj and i need some support! friend me!

just turned 30 in july and i came to a realization that i am killing myself with what i am doing. i feel like a 60 yr old woman because i cant move, get up from a chair, FIT in a chair, etc. Enough is enough!!!

Thanks for listening :-)

Nicole A

Replies

• cmarshel
    cmarshel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Nicole!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I think you will like this much better. It has more help for counting calories and the added plus of counting exercise.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Welcome, the community is amazing here and I'm sure you'll find all the information and support you're looking for.
  • sunnydaiz
    Options
    WELCOME!!! :smile:
  • hotaling73
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi, I have been "on" weight watchers just not doing it because i cant deal with the points and stuff. i want to know what i am eating and how many cals it has not just how many points it is...from bayonne, nj and i need some support! friend me!

just turned 30 in july and i came to a realization that i am killing myself with what i am doing. i feel like a 60 yr old woman because i cant move, get up from a chair, FIT in a chair, etc. Enough is enough!!!

Thanks for listening :-)

Nicole A
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi! Look at my profile!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! It has done wonders for me already. :) Best of luck!
  • hotaling73
    Options
    hey there back at ya....me too (121lbs left to lose), actually been counting cals and carbs, sugar with this site for 2 weeks and not to much exercise I have lost 8.7 lbs. I can absolutely encourage you if you could do the same!! It is the hardest thing to do ever and I to do not want to kill myself, I am the oldest 38yr old ever~~I want to play with my kids, and be with them without worrying that they will want to go for a walk and I say...I am to tired!!
    I hear everything that your saying, if you do this faithfully I believe it will work for us...I dont really document on the weekends, but I realize that if you dont you have no idea what your putting in your mouth. I exercised this weekend by house work(vigorously) and went boating..which is tough on your muscles if your the only one doing it!!
    I will start exercising next week for real....gotta give my body some time to adjust to a 1800 cal diet!!
    GOOD LUCK!!!:flowerforyou:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    By the way, I am 61 and pretty groovy, I'm told!
  • cmconniew
    cmconniew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hello. I am new to this and also have finally realized that I am killing myself. I want to be around for my grandkids some day! I'd be glad to support you!
  • Lunababy7181
    Lunababy7181 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you!! i wanted to do that and couldnt figure out how LOL
  • Lunababy7181
    Lunababy7181 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hahaha a healthy 61 year old!!
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    Welcome! I just started last week. I TOTALLY get what you're saying. I feel like a 60 year old too. And, I don't wanna anymore!
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!!
  • Queenbec2
    Queenbec2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, right at 100 to lose. I've been a member of MFP for a while, but it has only just finally clicked with me. I tried WW twice, and it worked the first time and I lost almost 20lbs but the second time was a total failure. Of course, anything will fail if you don't actually work at it. Good luck to you.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Nicole! You can do it!!
  • CaliGirlinOR
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I was where you are 5 years ago and have lost over 175lbs. You need to put yourself first and gather cheerleaders! My favorite reminder is that YOU have to help YOU first -or you won't be around to do for anyone else... I belong to a non-profit international weight loss group for IN REAL LIFE support but this website and the community around it is amazing. I am now 43 and almost half of what I was 5 years ago. You can do this!

I will add you and I look forward to watching you get healthy and active.

God bless!
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We are in the same shoes, you've come to the right place. You can do it!
  • moonrose88
    Options
    dear losing 100 pds. i am also needing to lose in the 100s and new to this site. i 've heard everywhere keeping a food journal helps. does this site give diet plans too? i tried fitclick site and they have good diet meal plans but not so good on the journals.:bigsmile:
  • zuraiqui
    Options
    I just joined too. I didn't know the scale would go up so high! I wish it was as much fun taking it off as it is putting it on. Unfortunately, when not eating, I am miserable (mostly because of the weight). UGH! What's a girl to do? I need to lose 130 lbs. so I can play with my grandchildren on the floor.