New...*AGAIN*

I am re-introducing myself, as I have completely fell off the living healthy wagon!!

I am Alexis and am looking to lose around 70 lbs. I have been OBESE way too long and it's time to really make some positive changes for myself and for my family.

I enjoy this site and am ready to get back at it again!!

Friend me for encouragement and motivation... :)

Replies

• pandygurl
    pandygurl Posts: 14 Member
    WB! Im in the same boat, trying this again for the second time after falling off that bumpy wagon! Good luck this time around :)
  • good luck to you too!! we can do this!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    HI!! and Welcome back!! :D:D:D

If you haven't already, you need to watch "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" (it's on Netflix - streaming) It is AMAZING!

YOU can do this! YOU are worth it!!
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Good luck - you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!! I joined in May after having done weight watchers, lost 52 pounds, gained all of that back plus a few extra pounds. I am enjoying this much more than weight watchers as I am finding myself more accountable. I pay more attention to the calories than with ww.
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    I wish you luck! Dont give up.
  • thetorontokid2
    thetorontokid2 Posts: 231 Member
    welcome back!! you took the hardest step already in coming back!! :) well done!! definitely sending a friend request.... :)

my name is also Alexis, by the way! so, love your name! lol
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    I too am sick of being defined by the word "obese". I've been at this for about 3 months and have lost 26lbs. My goal is to never again have the word "obese' tied to me in anyway. I've got about 50 lbs to go before my BMI will shift to "overweight" I'm hoping to accomplish that by the end of this year. Then my goal is to get into the "normal" range. Imagine, my goal right now is to be overweight! LOL!

Friend me if you want to be buddies. I'm a pretty good motivator :smile:

Lynda
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Welcome back and good luck!!! You took a very big step by realizing where you have been and where you want to be. The next step is to stay on this path and continue to remind yourself that you are not alone on your journey and have lots of people that can and will help you to succeed.
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Me too! I am right there with you. We can get back on track again. We have to re-commit to doing this the right way. The good news is... we know it can be done and we do not have any excuses. Welcome back. Glad you are here and glad you are my friend.
  • thanks for all the encouragement and welcomes...I needed to hear it!!

Hi Alexis!! *waves* & *giggles* I love meeting other people with our name!!

Thanks Lynda...I am friending you now...I hate the word obese too!! it's a motivator for me. I want the same thing you do...to finally be in the normal range!!
  • Hi Alexis...you've just taken the first step to your successful weight loss and healthy journey. This is a great site...support and
    encouragement is so valuable when tackling unwanted issues. We're all here to make a change for the better in our lives...
    some are here for the first time and some have "been there...done that" and are doing it again. We're all here for the same
    purpose so we understand what a struggle it is with healthy eating and weight control. We support and cheer each other
    on through those struggles and successes. You aren't making this journey alone...you can do this!
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    This is my first time on this site, but the encouragement and motivation I have received already is far more than I ever received anywhere else.

Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • thetorontokid2
    thetorontokid2 Posts: 231 Member

Hi Alexis!! *waves* & *giggles* I love meeting other people with our name!!

hehehe *waves* it's very rare to find older people (meaning, they're all toddlers and newborns) with our name! very lovely to meet you!! :)
  • dephillipsj1
    dephillipsj1 Posts: 15 Member
    I used fitness pal a few months ago on my phone app to track my calories etc. I lost weight but fell off the wagon as well. Just started visiting the actual website on my comp today. Find it much more useful this way. Please feel free to friend me :)