new to mfp...

hi, everyone. been with mfp for a couple weeks now, and can say i have lost my first 7 lbs. yea!! so far so good. it really helps me see exactly what i am putting into my mouth. i now realize that i'm an emotional eater... tired, bored, lonely,etc. it helps me adjust my choices, and time of day that i eat. mine tends to be after dinner thru bedtime..more often than not just mindlessly noshing as i watch tv after all others have gone to bed... most all my weight is medication related... too many years on birth control, anxiety/ anti-depression meds that put weight on immediately after starting dosages. this site helps me realize that exercising is key to weight loss... which i already knew, but didn't do on a regular basis. i've learned that if i exercise daily, i get more caloric allowances for that day, which allows me that scoop of low-fat ice cream for desert... it has been a great help for me to SEE why my weight has been so stubborn ... or maybe i'm a little stubborn... either way it has helped, and i will continue on my journey. thanks "MIKE" and "AL" for helping us all.