NSV-I turned down a free lunch!

Options
Right before I was heading out to go home to eat lunch my boss told me that lunch was on her-she was paying. I knew that I already had a healthy lunch planned at home that would be within my calories I knew I needed to stay under....Before I would have taken her up on the offer but after my great weigh in this morning I declined the offer and went home to eat a healthy meal! Woohoo for willpower! :)

Replies

• vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! Woo Hoo!!! Nicely done :flowerforyou:
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is hard to do, good for you!!
  • jessicaeocon
    Options
    Me too!! I packed a healthy lunch today...and then got an invite for lunch to one of my favorite places for mexican food! Plus, the invite was from a friend I hadn't seen in a while so I would have loved to catch up with her. BUT... I chose to eat my healthy lunch & say no to temptation!! :) Way to go!!!
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    woooooooot!!!!!!!

I also have been turning down food lately.......i am a nurse and my one resident's family sends in food all the time
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    wow- good for you - you are a tower of strength - I don't know if I could do that yet. But my boss is a woman & not opposed to buying a 'healthy' lunch- sometimes we get a HUGE julienne salad from Red Squirrel & split it (yumm, but not all that healthy LOL)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hopefully, she was buying for the whole office and not just for you. I don't know that I'd want to turn down a one-on-one free lunch with my boss for the sake of a few calories. That could definitely have some negative consequences.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Great job.

I noticed that gem you are holding in your hand there. Glad to see a fellow photog out there.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    wow congrats! I know its hard b.c when I turn down food people look at me like I'm a total idiot lol
  • lucyclementmiller
    lucyclementmiller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Haha no...it was for the whole office. Not just me. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!