Feet HURT!!

Options
So, I've started upping my activity beyond just counting calories (which is really big for me) I joined a Zumba class and spent the weekend walking around Kings Island...but now my feet are SUPER sore...they almost feel like they're both broken. (which I know they aren't...)

Is there any way to combat this? I love my new Zumba class but I don't want to have sore-feet-itis for the rest of the week.

Replies

• exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Get new supportive shoes. Stretch.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It could be your shoes and/or socks.

What specifically hurts? Balls of the feet? Ankles? toes? arches? It's hard to give much advice without some more specifics.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Invest in a good pair of crosstrainers. I was having foot trouble because I was wearing running shoes for Kickboxing. I haven't had any pain since I started wearing crosstrainers.
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    I would invest in some comfortable shoes with lots of support. It does get better with time, you just have to keep pushing through it. I know when I first started walking my legs would be sore for days but I continued to walk every day just so I wouldnt give up. :) Hope they feel better soon! Maybe soak them tonight....
  • lindseykins
    Options
    It could be your shoes and/or socks.

What specifically hurts? Balls of the feet? Ankles? toes? arches? It's hard to give much advice without some more specifics.

Definately the balls and heels...arches just feel strechy, ankles are good...

so...diagnose me!! LOL =)
  • redvolutionary
    Options
    Do you have a Fleet Feet nearby? There are some athletic shoe stores that can help you find the right shoe for your feet. I went there and walked barefoot on a treadmill and they video taped it. Then they told me what kind of shoe i needed. My feet are so much happier. If nothing else, check your local walmart for one of those Dr.Scholls machines. You can stand on it and it will tell you about your feet and what kind of inserts would be good for you.

I love Brooks running shoes, they are the best!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might need a "cushier" shoe. Good socks will help the balls of the feet. A wider toe box could help the balls of the feet thing too. And make sure your laces aren't tied too tight.

That all said, I'd go to a good athletic store to get fitted.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I first started exercising a lot. Your feet aren't use to it, but they'll eventually adjust.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you're doing you need different shoes. I have two pair of gym shoes, one set for running and another for everything else (plyo moves, Insanity, Bodyrock workouts, weight training) They have different types of support and structure to the shoe. If I forget the right pair depending on what my plan is for that day I can be in a fair bit of discomfort pretty fast.
    A rep at the sporting goods store should fit you after a good conversation about what you plan on doing in your shoes. :)
    Hope this helps!