What do you count?

Options
I came to this forum with the intention of just using the food diary, and continuing on with my shakes that I have been having for breakfast and lunch, but I think that I might actually give them a miss and try the healthy eating and go by the daily calculator. Thing is, my shake has 17 points of protein so when I have one it throw my protein WAY out. What is thte most important part of the Food Diary the Calories? Or all of it? I get that fat needs to be low too, but I worry about the protein being out by so much.

Replies

• Lib1927
    Lib1927 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I came to this forum with the intention of just using the food diary, and continuing on with my shakes that I have been having for breakfast and lunch, but I think that I might actually give them a miss and try the healthy eating and go by the daily calculator. Thing is, my shake has 17 points of protein so when I have one it throw my protein WAY out. What is thte most important part of the Food Diary the Calories? Or all of it? I get that fat needs to be low too, but I worry about the protein being out by so much.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    It's ok to go over on your protein. I've actually changed my percentages, so I'm eating 45% carbs, 25% fat, and 30% protein.

Try the healthy eating, and if you find you still would like to incorporate your protein shake, by all means do so. I used to have a protein shake every day, but as I got better at eating well, I don't have them as much.
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    pettmybunny... just looked and your cakes are amazing!!!! What a talent.