Flab to Fab!!!

Options
Happy Monday all,

I'm one of the 90%+- that loses all the weight and gains it back, with interest. Nine years ago I lost over 80 pounds, only to gain it all back again in the last 5 years. It wasn't like one day I completely stopped taking care of myself, it was very gradual. I knew I was getting heavier every year, but due to depression, drinnking too much and an abusive relationship I just didn't care about anything. Over the last few months I have finally gained the strength and momentum to lose that 240 lbs sack of *kitten* that was bringing me down, (still a lot to deal with as he buys me out of our business and house, and we deal with all the logistics of separating) and now I have the energy to start taking care of my mind, body and soul.

Last week I went to the doctor's and stepped on the scale. My previous high was 234, when the nurse told me I was 256(!!!!!) the cold, hard - and fat - truth really hit home. I had already been planning on focusing on my health as a coping mechanism as I started a new life on my own, but this gave me added strength. Since last week, I've been back on track and it feels fabulous.

I'm about to start a new chapter in my life. I live in VT now, I'm relocating to CO (Aspen I think) as soon as I get the buyout check. I'm excited, scared, anxious but thrilled to start living the life I truly want. I felt amazing after losing all that weight years ago. I've always been fairly active, but when I lost it last time I competed in triathlons, skiied some amazing backcountry terrain all over the world, reshaped my body in the weight room; I was an athlete. As my relationship soured and my depression set in, I stopped doing the things that brought me joy. I'm reclaiming my joy.

Now I take this with a huge grain of salt, but this morning I weighed myself at home (having only been on the doctor's scale) and I am down 12 pounds!!!! To give myself an extra push, I'm going with it. There is nothing like a big loss to help keep you focused.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this, I look forward to going on this journey with all of you.

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss to date, and well done for getting rid of somebody who was such a drain on you. You can do it, you are obviously really focussed. You go girl :smile:
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking care of you!!! Wishing you much continued sucess on your new journey!
  • janelle1993
    Options
    :smile: Amazing weight loss so far!! Goo luck on your journey and I am so proud that you let go of someone who was not right for you! Good luck on your future journey! :smile:
  • starpi22
    starpi22 Posts: 74
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! You are very strong and have already proven it by taking the steps you have. :-)
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reclaiming your life! Would love to join you on your journey!!! Please feel free to add me!

Wendy